Forums

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Forums

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I wonder what happened to the Violently Oldschool Forum it seemed like very cool one.I think Corroseum's Forum and Violently Oldschool Forum are the best.Other good 80's Metal forum to suggest?
Last edited by Fucking Åmål on Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Yeah, I noticed VO has been down for a while now. Got no clue why. It was a cool forum but a bit "impersonal", so I only posted there occationally.

I think The Miskatonic Forum is the only other Metal forum worth spending time in.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:Yeah, I noticed VO has been down for a while now. Got no clue why. It was a cool forum but a bit "impersonal", so I only posted there occationally.

I think The Miskatonic Forum is the only other Metal forum worth spending time in.
Yes i occationally post there but i don't like so much the Miskatonic Forum.Other 80's forums?There must be some.
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

The board was closed because it "didn't achieve its purpose", or something along those lines.
Junkyard Barbarian

Post by Junkyard Barbarian »

well it is up again, but you need registration and you barely see people posting like before, which is kinda sad, before the closedown this forum was a real nice place
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

its now located at:

http://www.thebasar.org/phpBB2/

i honestly have no idea why they closed the board down the first time, especially without telling most of the members. it effectively killed at least 80% of the traffic
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

DaN wrote:Yeah, I noticed VO has been down for a while now. Got no clue why. It was a cool forum but a bit "impersonal", so I only posted there occationally.

Well I was kicked out of that forum because the administrator didnt like some opinons I gave. I would say that that forum is not a free-speech place. perhaps that was not the ontention anyway and the administrator was able of kicking out anyone whose opinions he dislikes.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

metalmaster wrote:

Well I was kicked out of that forum because the administrator didnt like some opinons I gave. I would say that that forum is not a free-speech place. perhaps that was not the ontention anyway and the administrator was able of kicking out anyone whose opinions he dislikes.
Yes, I guess Rich would be the first to agree with you on the "free-speech" matter :lol:
Maybe there's a few too many unnecessary squabbles there, but at least it gives the place some character.

About VO/The Basar: Are there more forums available once you register, or is it just this board about the label?
Junkyard Barbarian

Post by Junkyard Barbarian »

additionnal boards once you register, a "General Metal" type of thing
but are still discussions getting rarer and rarer...
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I'm not sure, but I think none has mentioned www.metalpage.de forum..
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

metalmaster wrote:I'm not sure, but I think none has mentioned www.metalpage.de forum..
I would saied that but i think Metalpage forum is sadly nearly abandoned...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

What did you say?? Was it an insult or?? Most likely you were deleted because you were not contributing to good discussions about metal?? Only people I've seen deleted there were deliberately going out of their way to stir up trouble, or were not contributing.
metalmaster wrote: Well I was kicked out of that forum because the administrator didnt like some opinons I gave. I would say that that forum is not a free-speech place. perhaps that was not the ontention anyway and the administrator was able of kicking out anyone whose opinions he dislikes.
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
metalmaster wrote:I'm not sure, but I think none has mentioned www.metalpage.de forum..
I would saied that but i think Metalpage forum is sadly nearly abandoned...
Thats sadly true. We have many visitors, but not so many active writers. I dont know why though... Any ideas of improvement?
We praise the blood that metal brings
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

doomedplanet wrote:What did you say?? Was it an insult or?? Most likely you were deleted because you were not contributing to good discussions about metal?? Only people I've seen deleted there were deliberately going out of their way to stir up trouble, or were not contributing.
metalmaster wrote: Well I was kicked out of that forum because the administrator didnt like some opinons I gave. I would say that that forum is not a free-speech place. perhaps that was not the ontention anyway and the administrator was able of kicking out anyone whose opinions he dislikes.
I was kicked out of that forum cause the administrator didnt like some opinons I gave. As fas as I remember, one iof them was related a friend of him printing boot BATHORY shirts. And other about cd reprints. I cant remember well, but I suppose the discussions must be in the forum to this day.
I said no insults until the others guys attacked me with some insults. I was kicked out, the others werent. So in Mikatonic, as you can see, the adminstrator is very partial when it comes to judge the opinions of his friends and the opinion of other people.
Ryacus

Post by Ryacus »

metalmaster wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:What did you say?? Was it an insult or?? Most likely you were deleted because you were not contributing to good discussions about metal?? Only people I've seen deleted there were deliberately going out of their way to stir up trouble, or were not contributing.
I was kicked out of that forum cause the administrator didnt like some opinons I gave. As fas as I remember, one iof them was related a friend of him printing boot BATHORY shirts. And other about cd reprints. I cant remember well, but I suppose the discussions must be in the forum to this day.
I said no insults until the others guys attacked me with some insults. I was kicked out, the others werent. So in Mikatonic, as you can see, the adminstrator is very partial when it comes to judge the opinions of his friends and the opinion of other people.
I've been kicked from metal archives for similar reasons,It seems they like to play favorites,especially favoring canadians and brits over anyone else.