The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Re: The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Post by OmenOfSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote:Yeah, especially that chorus of Candy for a madman...sheer metallic force, the ultimate stuff to bang your head to.
Well maybe not the ultimate stuff to band your head to, but for sure the ultimate stuff to raise your fist and scream along to.

Best part of the track is the climactic end of the track:
As he dances with his shadow
As he feverishly grins
As he buttons up his jacket
With cold and icy hands
As he sharpens up his blade
As he laughs about his pain
As he wipes his runny nose
As he walks into your room
Goodnight

Metal in perfection.
We praise the blood that metal brings
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, I can't bother much more for such a hopeless album, so here's a review from Sheet Metal that I agree for the most part:
030.jpg
030.jpg (249.58 KiB) Viewed 4847 times
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Wtf??? I'm totally with Roman on this one. W.A. totaly rules. And can say they are not thrash, but they are thrashy as could be on that power they do…
„…to figure out which direction…“ on review… well, that's the beauty behind them, i don't expect maiden or slayer or aerosmith another copycat … maybe, I want all of this bands in one for example !! Yes, and they do it great!

souls at zero...sucks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCXxySm7cyc
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

OmenOfSteel wrote:Haha, I dunno what that should mean, but okay.

I love those vocals!
And you're trying to lower the cult of "Final genocide"??? There you can hear a real Thrash vokillist" haha
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Wrathchild America is crap. We don't need a poll for confirming that.
I just say - balapda dada dadada - ... :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

OmenOfSteel wrote:Haha, I dunno what that should mean, but okay.

I love those vocals!

About SOULS AT ZERO you're partial right. This really has that typcial 90ies Modern Metal sound, still one absolute highlite is hidden on an otherwise lame album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6I6vtT4Mwc
Don't worry about prowler. He calls everything "crap" and then gets caught a couple months later buying it :lol:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

I already have that Wratchchild America sucker and most of the other suckers that I call crap too ... :wink:
Keir

Post by Keir »

Climbin' The Walls is one of my favorite thrash albums of all time. OK, maybe not pure thrash but thrash influenced? I love their demo period too but they lost me with the second LP and all the Souls At Zero stuff.
OmenOfSteel

Post by OmenOfSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote:Well, I can't bother much more for such a hopeless album, so here's a review from Sheet Metal that I agree for the most part:
030.jpg
The comparsion to Maiden and Slayer probably was made because that guy typing didn't know any other Metal bands when writing his crap. If you compare WRATHCHILD to them, hell you can compare ANY Metalband to them. He is even saying WRATHCHILD sound like both Maiden and Metallica in the same track, well what can I say... funny.
And it is even more funny that he says the vocals sound like POISON, WTF I'm speechless!
I'll take this review as serious as it deserves to be taken ;)

Hells Gates, London After Midnight, Silent Darkness, Candy From A Madman -> all of these are consistent tracks with a totally unique style of what I'd call dark and creepy midpaced US (Power) Metal. There is no band with a sound even remotely close to these tracks. 10/10 album.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I don't know if the vocals resemble Poison in particular, the fact that occasionally they are too wimpy and lame either for a thrash or semi-thrash or power metal style for me is undeniable. The review is damn accurate when it says that there are non-metal elements in this album. If those elements are Poison or Bon Jovi-like is not of great importance for me. I couldn't recognize those influences in such detail myself either, because I am not really familiar with the sound of those bands. The band began playing all-out commercial metal and switched to power/thrash metal later because that was the fad at the time and the fact that they signed on a major for their first album says a few things as well. Wimpy album all the way.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I think Wrathchild America deserves it's own thread. It's neither Thrash or relevant to this thread at this point :lol:

I'll just leave a link to this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLLb0LPq_Cg

Coincidentally they even play an Iron Maiden cover.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
OmenOfSteel

Post by OmenOfSteel »

@Ion Britton: haha wtf the vocals crush! There is nothing wimpy about them at all, exactly the opposite. They are aggressive and yet melodic at the same time, I love his "pressed" and powerful way of singing.
And btw if you don't like Climbin' for the "none metal elements" you should also dislike Crystal Logic for the same reason as I think we will agree that Feeling Free Again is multiple times worse and less METAL than No Deposit.

@Avenger: no surprise as they even named their band after a Maiden track, but that doesn't mean they sound anything alike. Maybe in 1981 they did when they the band was formed, but I dunno as I never heard the old demotapes.
And I agree this discussion is Off Topic in this "worst Thrash"-thread, for exactly two reasons :wink:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I always skip Feeling Free Again whenever i listen to Crystal Logic. A weak point in an otherwise monumental album - doesn't mean you can't listen to the rest of it because of one shitty moment. On the contrary, there's not only one single weak moment in Climbin' the walls, the whole album is lame, whether they play metal or not. It just makes it even worse when they inject commercial elements in their music. Finally, powerful and aggressive are words i'd never use for this band. Powerful are Jag Panzer and Satan's Host and aggressive are Morbid Saint and Dark Angel, not poor Wrathchild America.

OmenOfSteel

Post by OmenOfSteel »

ION BRITTON wrote:...there's not only one single weak moment in Climbin' the walls, the whole album is lame...poor Wrathchild America.
Well okay I give up, you just don't like this album, and I don't have to understand why.

If I didn't know better I'd suppose Wrathchild US has taken over your girlfriend :lol:
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

You already wanna surrender? Hey, you both could fill this thread with countless of pages of what's great and what's not on "Climbing the walls". Last word isn't said yet ... c'mon catfight ... :wink: