The WORST albums released by a thrash band?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Heathen wrote:Vektor, Urto, Immaculate, Besieged, Nekromatheon, Dew- Scented.
What about Hexen and Warbringer ?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar wrote:
Heathen wrote:Vektor, Urto, Immaculate, Besieged, Nekromatheon, Dew- Scented.
What about Hexen and Warbringer ?
I don't know Hexen but Warbringer (i listened to their debut) falls into the uninspired category.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I like all 3 cds, "Waking Into Nightmares" in spite of all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJqFe36gSgw

Ok they're mostly Exodus clones (even produced by the H team, like Panic for example), but I like them.

Hexen are not heavy like Warbringer, more melodic stuff, long solo sections http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPXTfqX1jgU

They are copycats as the others (in this song the main riff reminds me of Stone "No Commands", the refrain of Carcass "Heartwork" rotfl !), who cares ;)

New Hexen album is going to be published soon, I hope they will improve, they can do it.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

The "Exodus clones" wave is the worst of the whole new wave if you ask me. Maybe its because I am not a huge fan of the original.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Had to step in for a small addition that I was listening to recently

TORTOISE CORPSE - World's got a problem.
Holy fucking shit this has to be bottom-5 thrash material. I think even REANIMATOR's That Was Then... This Is Now is a little better than this :?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Well, I thought their Tommy Vance session was fun.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

And how about SUICIDAL TENDENCIES' The Art of Rebellion that a friend forced me to listen to last night? Dreadful, watered-down MTV horseshit.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

ION BRITTON wrote:And how about SUICIDAL TENDENCIES' The Art of Rebellion that a friend forced me to listen to last night? Dreadful, watered-down MTV horseshit.
I would not even say that album is thrash metal. Just an attempt to fill the 'alternative rock/metal' niche. And a failed one at that.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Of course it's not thrash, not even metal. Epic failure at whatever they tried to do there.

Zdan

Post by Zdan »

I personally get some Faith No More vibes from that album. While I like Faith No More, those riffs and arrangements have no place on a Suicidal Tendencies album.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Another stinker for this thread: SLAUGHTER HOUSE - Face Reality. Washed out shit put out at a time when thrash metal had very little to offer.

frost77

Post by frost77 »

Nekromantheon are tremendous. Both of their albums are great. Also worth checking out are Deathhammer, who remind me of Onslaught, and Rust, who sound like their name. Rust have a Bandcamp page. Modern thrash bands who have songs about being a thrash band always make me cringe.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

frost77 wrote:Nekromantheon are tremendous.
Agreed.
thrashidolatry

Post by thrashidolatry »

Don't know if these were mentioned already but..
Maskim- s/t
Betrayal- Renaissance by Death
baaad! :roll:
Vaggelis

Post by Vaggelis »

Actually every album after let's say 1986 who tried to low down guitar sound and sound like Sepultura.Others initiated Pantera style guitar breaks which are a lot worser.