LADYKILLERS from vintage Kerrang!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Black Axe wrote:I hope this isn't the best bunch. :lol:
Those probably were the best, but to a 13-14 year old at the time, this was like heaven.
Unacceptably ugly chicks even for a 13 year old :P
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

ION BRITTON wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:
Those probably were the best, but to a 13-14 year old at the time, this was like heaven.
Ah, Greeks :roll: 13 year olds get hard-ons from...anything and everything.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

ION BRITTON wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:
Shit, this was the eighties guys, they were hard fuckin' times! Legwarmers, blonde streaks, crimpers, Duran Duran hairdos, fashions of the times had really stacked the cards against women looking their best!
Many thanks for the scanning GJ, so many memories tied in with these photos, your efforts are very much appreciated!
:wink:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Ann from Hellion BACK IN THE DAY was actually not bad.

Too bad I can't say the same for her today........
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
GJ

Post by GJ »

bigfootkit wrote:Shit, this was the eighties guys, they were hard fuckin' times! Legwarmers, blonde streaks, crimpers, Duran Duran hairdos, fashions of the times had really stacked the cards against women looking their best!
I seem to remember we where laughing our asses off at pictures of seventies fashion back then.
bigfootkit wrote:Many thanks for the scanning GJ, so many memories tied in with these photos, your efforts are very much appreciated!
:wink:
So, you want me to continue then?

I browsed through a few post-#120 copies and saw both:
Great musicians: Kelly Johnson (RIP)
Real Heavy Metal: Betsy (Bitch) and Tam (Sacrilege)
Bimbos: Loads of unknows in this category and even the talented Lisa Dominique and those Gypsy Queen twins (who I have a 12" from containing one really good track - can't remember the name - reminding me of WASP :shock: )

I've come across both Oral and Lee Aaron in my quest but as yet not within the confinements of this subject (the Ladykillers "series").
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

GJ wrote:I browsed through a few post-#120 copies and saw both:
Great musicians: Kelly Johnson (RIP)
Real Heavy Metal: Betsy (Bitch) and Tam (Sacrilege)
Bimbos: Loads of unknows in this category and even the talented Lisa Dominique and those Gypsy Queen twins (who I have a 12" from containing one really good track - can't remember the name - reminding me of WASP :shock: )
If that's the case, how can the previous be the best bunch? :?
I see only improvement.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Black Axe wrote:If that's the case, how can the previous be the best bunch? :?I see only improvement.
Well, I just scan and post chronologically and do not bother with quality controls (I am probably not in possession of the right tools for such a task anyway - I like all girls of all times! :D ).

Were there a specific area of utilization in which you were hoping to apply these pictures? :oops: There will be some slight sights of hips and nips as well as few pretty faces to follow, I guess... :D

Sincerly!
Your reliable provider of smut

Edit: the "of"
Last edited by GJ on Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

GJ wrote:Were there a specific area of utilization in which you were hoping to apply these pictures? :oops:
Yes, I like drawing on moustaches with Microsoft Paint.
GJ

Post by GJ »

:D
Keir

Post by Keir »

Thank you very much for these! I don't care what anyone else says, these are great. I actually didn't know Ladykillers was a weekly feature since I've only ever read later issues of Kerrang (from the end of the 80s/early 90s).

If you only do one more, please let it be Tam from Sacrilege!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Thanks very much for your efforts GJ , i was showing the collection so far to a friend yesterday and it got him all nostalgic too, Tam from Sacrilege was the one he was hoping to see again too!
If you couls scan the rest, i think you'll make a few old men verry happy. :)
On a slightly more sombre note, whilst searching for further info on the Ladykillers series, i discovered that the photographer who took most of these shots, Ray Palmer, sadly passed away a couple of years ago.
There's a tribute site here http://www.raypalmertribute.com/ if anyone's interested, which is run by his former Kerrang! colleague Jason Arnopp. It contains a small gallery of some of his Kerrang! pix, and a very moving guestbook. Well worth a look.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Here's another batch of pics, originally from Kerrang no 121-149. This time featuring some real heavy duty metal stuff, peaking with amazons of War Machine and Sacrilege and a between Bitches Betsy, theres also a Norwegian lass for Knut (I presume - your name, that is - not the gurrl) as well as some ladies making me wonder what the hell they were thinking...

Edit: I realize now that I must have fucked up something when doing the scanning. As a result the quality of the pictures are really baaad. Sorry about this. I may re-scan and re-link some day - but right now I'm just too tired to be bothered. Again sorry!

Kerrang No 121 Rosella - Java

Kerrang No 122 Jodee Valentine - Thunderstick

Kerrang No 123 Kelly Johnson (Recently out of Girlschool)

Kerrang No 124 Samantha Fox

Kerrang No 125 Brix - The Adult Net

Kerrang No 128 Vixen

Kerrang No 129 Bernadette Mooney - War Machine

Kerrang No 130 Tam - Sacrilege

Kerrang No 131 Lisa Dominique

Kerrang No 133 Chris Bonacci - Girlschool

Kerrang No 134 Lori Chacko

Kerrang No 135 Toni Hart - Miss Lead

Kerrang No 136 Martie - No Shame

Kerrang No 138 Betsy (between Bitches)

Kerrang No 141 Mef Manning and Laura Left - Poison Dollys

Kerrang No 142 Amy and Elaine Gloaff - Meat Loaf backing singers

Kerrang No 145 DD - Jagged Edge

Kerrang No 148 Precious Metal

Kerrang No 149 Carol Decker - T'Pau (Is this even Rock? I have no idea!)
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Thanks very much GJ, many happy memories contained in these (well thumbed) pages. I had that lisa Dominique pic on my wall for years, eventually the sun faded it 'til it was more or less just a sepia outline on papyrus.
I have fond memories of the Betsy Weiss & the pic of the sisters who sang back up for Meat loaf too. There are a few duds in there too, but thats just the way it went, and as you rightly query why the hell were T'Pau in there?
The scans look fine too when resized, as far as i can see there's nothing wrong with them.
Many thanks again for all your hard work bringing my (literally) faded memories back to life. I salute you sir!
:D
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Re: T'Pau; I even remember their albums being mentioned and a brief studio report. Kerrang included some bands and artists very far away from the metal they were supposed to be dealing with.

GJ: My real name is indeed Knut and for a few of these maidens, it could have been "Hardeknut" 20 years ago :lol: Some of these are stinkers it has to be said, and some had their good looks ruined by the make up. Thanks a lot anyway.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

bigfootkit wrote:why the hell were T'Pau in there?
She's clearly the best looking of the lot ..in my eyes!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?