Introduction to Turkish metal scene

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

my copy of Murky Bedlam (Hazy Hill) says it was released in 1990...some songs of it were recorded in 1989, though.

In terms of more extreme/thrash hybrid recordings, Metalium's "Servants Of Death" probably is the first? released in 1989 before Hazy Hill & Pentagram. Unless Pentagram had a demo before the s/t debut.

now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

jnfernal wrote:I have no idea what is that Devil II (that I deleted by the way).
As I told you I have no information at all about this band. I found those two rips on a turkish website 2-3 years ago: the covers were clearly made recentely for a digital release as they were a quick photoshop job.

I kept Devil I as it was said to be released in 1987 and I deleted Devil II because it was said to be released in 1998, that was over my time limits collection (1992).

Then I wondered why an unknown band should release its second album after 11 years....so I supposed it could have been an unreleased album.

I am trying to find it again but I can't....I see both listed in many turkish websited (Devil I and Devil II) but there are no more sources available for download....
If you mean this, it is real cover of their first tape. Here are a couple of songs from first album and one maybe from those 1998?
http://www.veengle.com/s/sabahattin%20t ... B6gen.html

Metalium must be the first band released real demo with cover etc.
Blood RED

Post by Blood RED »

Jnernal as we said before Devil II was never released. I have it on mp3 and only first three songs have names.
http://rockefsaneleri.net/?p=953
This is the opening track, beyaz guvercin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZJ1aYQE5rs
They just won a music festival w this song. I can upload it if you want... And for further info I have to read Munimonde's book...
The Ripper

Post by The Ripper »

Yes, please post the second Devil album of 1998!! This band kicks serious ass!!
Blood RED

Post by Blood RED »

Uploaded it and the link is @ Poisonoise...
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

thanks for the original cover of Devil I !

I have both Devil I and Devil II on mp3, I found them on some turkish websites a couple of years ago but they had no original cover. Cover for Devil I is the same as you can see in the link you posted above: the dancing skeleton.

Maybe the 2nd unreleased album was spreaded by the band in mp3 format only. Or somebody who had the original recording decided to upload it on internet.

In any case I wonder if it was really recorded in 1998 or before. It seems strange a 11-years hiatus.

I was reading the previous posts. It's a shame there are very very few CD available of old turkish metal yet.

As far as I know and I found during my several visit to Istanbul, I could find only:

-Pentagram: all their albums so far. The first album exists in 2 different CD editions, both available everywhere.

-Whisky: Baabanne. Very very easy to find. And it's a very good album too! I ilisten to it quite often

-Objektif: KUŞKULAR. I found 3 copies only in Istanbul. Quite hard to find. Quite good hard rock. Their first album to be released on CD. I supplied Karthago Records with a couple of copies but I see they're sold out now.

-Hazy Hill: their CD discography is impossible to find. I got it from a turkish immigrant in Germany. I checked something like 15 music shops in Istanbul and none of them had it. Really really rare. And the first demo is amazing !

-Athena: One last breath. I think it's available on CD. In Florence they have one Athena CD but I don't know if it's this one. I can't remember.

Next month I'll probably stop a few weeks in Istanbul and I'll try to find more copies of such CD...it seems they sell like bread, expecially Pentagram and Whiskey. It's quite strange as they are easily available everywhere in Istanbul...

In Kadikoy, asian part of the town, there are a lot of very very good music shop. There's also the Hammer Muzik shop that is quite good
Blood RED

Post by Blood RED »

Well I found the 2nd one from duslervekabuslar forum I think. Uploader was a friend of band members' the classic story... Last 6 songs have no lyrics and names. Don't know the story why the album wasn't finished.

Devil finished the contest in 91 w beyaz guvercin. So the records were made between 88-96 I think...

And never saw Athena's one last breathe in cd format. Yea Kadikoy Akmar Pasaj esp Zihni Music is good. And I just found many cassettes from gittigidiyor.com a seller / shop from Izmir.Not cd!

Also in Taksim / Beyoglu you can check Aslıhan near Galatasaray Lycee. Also there were two vinylsellers near The Lysee;
Deform Muzik : turnacibasi av. no:45 cukurcuma / beyoglu
Plakhane: near Alman Hosp.

Hope they're still there, cos I left Istanbul 8 months ego...
bastard priest

Re: Introduction to Turkish metal scene

Post by bastard priest »

I am gonna print a t shirt for NECROPSY with cover art of their debut demo. If you are interested send a PM.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

The guitarist of Metalium told me they are on the process of remastering their demos for a cd reissue, possibly including the unreleased 4-tracks "Under the Anxiety" of 1991

Last edited by jnfernal on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

jnfernal wrote:The guitarist of Metalist told me they are on the process of remastering their demos for a cd reissue, possibly including the unreleased 4-tracks "Under the Anxiety" of 1991

That is good news.

You are aware that photobucket doesn't allow third party hosting unless you pay $400 a year now though right?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Metalist??? You're sure they are Turkish? Necropsy shirts are out btw.

jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Avenger wrote:
jnfernal wrote:The guitarist of Metalist told me they are on the process of remastering their demos for a cd reissue, possibly including the unreleased 4-tracks "Under the Anxiety" of 1991

That is good news.

You are aware that photobucket doesn't allow third party hosting unless you pay $400 a year now though right?

No, I just realised it right now....I got a picture of the unreleased demo and the band confirmed me they have plans to release all the demos on cd soon (don't know if they will iclude also this unreleased demo, hope so, and the unreleased live tracks)....if I find a way to post the images through another provider, well, ok
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Of course I was talking about Metalium, not Metalist...
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Of course I was talking about Metalium, not Metalist...
Oh yeah I heard about that as well then.. ;)
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... VgxNNZzrd4

Bandaj - Love Games a pretty good instrumental melodic hard rock. Video feat some live shots from late 80'es, early 90'es..