Favorite Judas Priest Album?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

What is your favorite Judas Priest album?

Rocka Rolla (1974)
2%
Sad Wings Of Destiny (1976)
27%
Sin After Sin (1977)
6%
Stained Class (1978)
13%
Killing Machine / Hell Bent For Leather (1978)
5%
British Steel (1980)
2%
Point Of Entry (1981)
No votes
Screaming For Vengeance (1982)
6%
Defenders Of The Faith (1984)
14%
Turbo (1986)
No votes
Ram It Down (1988)
2%
Painkiller (1990)
25%

Total votes: 64

Metalion_SOS

Re: Favorite Judas Priest Album?

Post by Metalion_SOS »

Sad Wings by far.
I'm surprised at the love for Painkiller. To me they were just trying to do a ThunderSteel.
darklord

Post by darklord »

I voted for "Sin After Sin". It's a tough decision as they're my absolute favorite band forever. "Sad Wings...", "Stained Class" and "Defenders..." are right behind. In general I think the 70's records by Priest are a little better but it's really a matter of mood whether I prefer 70's or 80's priest.
Metalion_SOS wrote: I'm surprised at the love for Painkiller. To me they were just trying to do a ThunderSteel.
Yes me too, at least on this forum it's a suprise. I think Painkiller is pretty overrated actually. But I love Thundersteel!
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

I have to differ, Painkiller is the hell of a record and I don't really see the resemblance with Thundersteel. It's just that have had more exposure to the mainstream but that have never altered the real value of a record isn't?
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I saw one of the dates on the Painkiller tour and it was incredible. I can understand why it would be rated so high. I consider it the last good album they released too.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

doomedplanet wrote:I can understand why it would be rated so high. I consider it the last good album they released too.
I'll vouch that. Modern Priest albums seem to only exist for the sake of staying relevant.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
akira

Post by akira »

Painkiller is one of a kind album, in league of it's one. There was nothing similar before or after.Priest surpassed themselves with it, even Halford never sang like on this one.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

akira wrote:Painkiller is one of a kind album, in league of it's one. There was nothing similar before or after.Priest surpassed themselves with it, even Halford never sang like on this one.
As the man says. Thundersteel? good album but not in the same league.