Some Obscure NWOBHM demos

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
pzman

Some Obscure NWOBHM demos

Post by pzman »

Hey Guys,

I came across a couple new nwobhm bands (for me at least) recently. I just wanted to know if any of you guys have have/heard their stuff, and if you have them if its possible to upload/rip it for me. I'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Black Tiger - 1983 demo
Dragonfly - 1980/81 demo
Paralex - 1982/84/86 demo
Deep Machine - 1980/82 demo
Robespierre - 1983 demo
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Deep Machine is AWESOME. Paralex is awesome too but aside from the single I havent heard more then a couple of demo songs from the website...
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Hi pzman, Welcome to the site...

There is actually a specific forum for mp3 sharing on here but you have to post a certain amount to access it, I think you'd likely find people here will have most if not all of these demos. The thing is you'll probably have to post a bit more to access that forum. Just make sure you don't post pointless replies to access it as you'll probably get kicked off for leeching.

There are some great Paralex videos on youtube of demo material Kenny, some songs better than the single stuff check them out.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
pzman

Post by pzman »

Thanks for the info nightlock, I guess i'll have to wait for the time
being.
DaN
Administructor

Re: Some Obscure NWOBHM demos

Post by DaN »

Welcome pzman. I have some demos with DRAGONFLY, DEEP MACHINE ("The Wizard"!!!) and PARALEX. I'll upload them soon.
pzman wrote:Robespierre - 1983 demo
I think I've read this band name in the same sentence as 'Doom Metal' once. I'd REALLY like to know more.
Black Axe

Re: Some Obscure NWOBHM demos

Post by Black Axe »

DaN wrote:I think I've read this band name in the same sentence as 'Doom Metal' once. I'd REALLY like to know more.
Not exactly doom metal, but it is dark and evil.
steelegacy

Post by steelegacy »

all stuff to me are great!!!Dragonfly s all demos are fantastic if you like crossover metal and especially nwobhm.the demos of Deep machine are more straight metal and almost sure that you will like them..concerning Paralex ,is one of my favourite band,there is one demo that is similar to the sound of the ep ,the others are great ones too,but i still consider their ep one of the best from the era.We were supposed to release their demos but the last time changed their mind,too pitty as it is one of my favourite from the nwobhm movement.Robespierre is athree track demo if i am not mistaken and yes its a dark sound but metal,not doom.
pzman

Post by pzman »

Thanks for all the info and help guys. Anything on Black Tiger though?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Never heard of BLACK TIGER. The DEEP MACHINE demos are great, maybe one of the best unsigned NWOBHM band. Both DRAGONFLY demos are OK, but I prefer the EP.
DMR

Post by DMR »

Has anyone ever heard the demos by Mournblade and Golgotha? I really like their records (Time's Running Out and Dangerous Games), so I was wondering what their demos were like.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Some of my favourite NWOBHM and post-NWOBHM demos, that, imho, are worth checking out:

Angel Witch - Demo 78
DragonSlayer - Demo 85(post nwobhm)
Ground Attack - (UK) Lost Tapes Demo (1979)
Demon Pact - demo 80+demo82(both exist on the 2006 comp vin release)
Fugitive - demo 82
Bashful Alley - demo83
Buffalo - In The Flesh demo82
Cryer - demo81
Dawn Trader - Roller+4 Demo82
Jameson Raid - Demo 83
Knightrider - demo84
Marquis De Sade - demo 81
Metal Mirror - 1981 Demo
Runestaff - demo82
Salem - Demo81
Salem - DemoIII 83
Sapphire - Demo 81
Storm Queen - Battle Of Britain Demo 80
Traitors Gate - demo 84
Tyrant - demo 81
Trident - demo 86(post nwobhm)
Virtue - demo 87(post nwobhm)
weapon - demo 81
white spirit - demo 81

...and the list goes on and on...

P.S: ON TOPIC: Black Tiger, Dragonfly, Paralex, and Deep Machine demos are awesome! :twisted: :twisted:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

I have 1-2 of the Deep Machine demos, pretty good stuff! Wonder why they never made it to the vinyl stage?

The Marquis de Sade and Virtue demos are indeed good 'uns. I also like alot of the stuff on the Smokin' Roadie demo. Apocalypse's demo is also pretty good as I recall (has an early version of one of their OMEGA tracks on it, 'the prophet' I think).
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

It pretty much doesn't get better than the '87 (I think?) Desolation Angels demo! Man that KILLS!

BAAAAABY I'M A KILLLER! YES I AM
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
boris

Post by boris »

if you don't mind me bumping this thread here's the deal with these :

Deep Machine - pretty common stuff, only in bad quality. there were a couple of demos with the second lineup (Roger Marsden on vocals) which are pretty good, the later ones (with Tony Smith) are a bit glammier, but better produced. they later turned into glam metal act Strutt which released a couple of demos as well.

Black Tiger - very heavy for their time, the demo is from 1984 I think, the band was from Hull. nothing too special though.

Robespierre - this was most probably a joke project by some guys from Liverpool, rehearsal only band. the music is very heavy and savage, tracks are Die You Heathen, I Am a Cannibal, Backs to the Wall, Gates of Hell.

Dragonfly - had 13 demo tracks self released on a CDR some years ago, very limited, called Secret Demos or something like that. some good tracks, just like the EP.

Paralex - only the Gettin Somewhere demo was officially released. all tracks can be heard on the videos on youtube. the other sessions remain unheard.

the best demo bands remain Sanctus and Widow though !
Hellride Mike

Post by Hellride Mike »

Sanctus? Any more info? I've never heard of them?