Unknown homepages of obscure bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Metalipeiklo wrote:VARVAR: Ah, fucking great album! Powerful and even epic at times! But it seems that the "Obmanutyj..." was recorded in 1993 (it's indicated in the info section on the VARVAR site). It definitely doesn't SOUND like a very contemporary recording either... Perhaps it's been unreleased until now? Now that's cool.

Does anyone know if this album is available on regular disc format? Destrozer maybe?
I checked out the mp3s a week ago. It's the LP from '94, just with a different track order. OFFICIALLY the best Russian Metal album ever together w/ CREDO and that one and only, 99% Metal album of OBLACHNYJ KRAJ, known as "Svobody Zahotely?".
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Allright, thanks! I gotta add that the VARVAR titles have been changed in this mp3-edition of the album (lyrics too?). And I definitely agree with your ranking there (except for O.K. - it's basically the vocals I don't like very much). But it would be hard to question CREDO's authority, hehe...
Fun records
Corimngul

Post by Corimngul »

Varvar is new to me, and boy does it sound good!
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Corimngul wrote:Varvar is new to me, and boy does it sound good!
Indeed it does. Cheers, DaN!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."