Witch Hunt - Demo '84 (pre-Crom (Fin))

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

PEGASOS is Melodic Scandinavian Hard Rock
..sounding like 10000 other bands of the same style i guess. You can keep it.
I haven't heard STEEL FROG, but I've seen it described as Speed/Thrash. Wouldn't mind hearing it.
Speed/Thrash is not a top priority for me, but i wouldn't mind hearing it either.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The Erlking wrote:Oh and Tarot is boring
What?...............

"Spell Of Iron" is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_qsBD9b-Cw
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
nabel

Post by nabel »

Devil's Daughter (the song) has same vibe as "Dancing Nowhere" by finnish Ironcross. To me those tracks are very finnish indeed. Not in a stupid "were so gloomy nation" fashion, I just can't put words in right order to describe it.

And Tarot rules, atleast first two albums do that. Haven't heard lates two (saw promo video from latest) but I'll probably pick them up whan I get them cheap enough.
TheGreatEscape

CROM 7"

Post by TheGreatEscape »

I do have a copy of this CROM 7" in my collection (no, you don't need to ask, it's not for sale); just check:

The Corroseum / Metal Conquest / Top items / Page 81
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I just listened to Witch Hunt - Eyes Of Fire. Thanks for sharing your unearthed metal treasure rarrrgh! (pirate) I had never heard Crom before. I've downloaded all the tracks, now there's another 7" I need and reissue I crave.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

ION BRITTON wrote:
The Erlking wrote:but the songs just don't struck me that good or very memorable.
Listen to "Wings of Darkness" again. If you don't like it, then listen to it again. And then again. And again. And again...

OK, i know it depends on each one's taste, but on very few occasions i just cannot understand how someone who likes 80's heavy metal cannot like certain songs. TAROT's debut has at least two of those songs...
Ah well I thought there were couple good songs on their debut but I've been playing it lately and I have to say the whole record is MUCH better than I remembered. I enjoy it a lot. It's the later albums that really won't click with me. I tried to get into their second one again a while ago but i just got halfway through when I had to put something else playing because it was so utterly boring to my ears. Maybe I'll give it another try next year or something..
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Spell Of Iron is one of my early metal discoveries as a teenager and I'm very fond of the LP. Back In The Fire and Wings Of Darkness yeahhh! I had the Suffer Our Pleasures CD, but sold it. Not that it was horrible, it has some ok modern tracks but its expendable in the grand scheme of things and I needed the money.