Witch Hunt - Demo '84 (pre-Crom (Fin))

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
jman

Post by jman »

wow, this stuff will make you pump your fist on first listen....Great stuff for sure!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

anthares wrote:Earth queen 3:00
Nightmare 3:18
Eyes of fire 4:23
We´ll stay here 4:00
After the war 5:31
Face to face 3:28
Thanks dude.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Avenger wrote:
Thanks dude.
You must be RDS. :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Black Axe wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Thanks dude.
You must be RDS. :lol:
Good guess.

I'm tired of hearing about bands and then not having a page to reference.

I will be adding more when I get around to it.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Dawnwatcher wrote:Incredible songs, Stench! This is exactly the kind of music I miss from Finland.
I was thinking exactly the same. Not too similar with other finnish HM acts. Reminds me of swedish bands like Jonah Quizz, Gotham City (with Anders), Insane and Paradize.. Maybe it's just me but I also get a little NWoJHM-vibe from "Eyes Of Fire".
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Good Melodic Hard Rock, total Mad Max worship in my opinion
anthares

Post by anthares »

I also feel some Tyrant (UK) feel in this demo as well as swedish bands mentioned above,
stormspell wrote:Good Melodic Hard Rock, total Mad Max worship in my opinion
I cant see that there is any "worship" there.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

No worries, I can :wink:
Stench

Post by Stench »

Extremely sorry for letting this topic slip out of my mind!

Couple of notes:
Those tracks on the 7" are credited to the guitar player (Mikko Moilanen), not the bass player. The guitar player was somehow involved in mobile phone industry in the beginning of the 90's and after that designing camera phones or something like that.

Secondly, it's a little risky to put that demo on Metal-Archives with that track list! My friend's dad was only sure about the tracks "Earth Queen", "Eyes of Fire" and "After the War" and couldn't remember the rest of the tracks. Me and my friend tried to pick down the choruses and decide the song titles! "Nightmare" is probably right.

No news for the re-release yet, but another friend got touch with the keyboard player of CROM and he had one gig on a tape (with Rainbow cover) and one rehearsal with 1-2 unreleased songs if I remember it correct! I also heard that CROM made a music video back then, but it wasn't found when someone was making a video compilation of old Finnish heavy metal music videos.

Oh well, here's the CROM 7" for everyone interested!: http://rapidshare.com/files/208893397/Crom.zip.html
Enjoy! (I still prefer the demo versions of those songs!)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Stench wrote:Extremely sorry for letting this topic slip out of my mind!

Couple of notes:
Those tracks on the 7" are credited to the guitar player (Mikko Moilanen), not the bass player. The guitar player was somehow involved in mobile phone industry in the beginning of the 90's and after that designing camera phones or something like that.

Secondly, it's a little risky to put that demo on Metal-Archives with that track list! My friend's dad was only sure about the tracks "Earth Queen", "Eyes of Fire" and "After the War" and couldn't remember the rest of the tracks. Me and my friend tried to pick down the choruses and decide the song titles! "Nightmare" is probably right.

No news for the re-release yet, but another friend got touch with the keyboard player of CROM and he had one gig on a tape (with Rainbow cover) and one rehearsal with 1-2 unreleased songs if I remember it correct! I also heard that CROM made a music video back then, but it wasn't found when someone was making a video compilation of old Finnish heavy metal music videos.

Oh well, here's the CROM 7" for everyone interested!: http://rapidshare.com/files/208893397/Crom.zip.html
Great to have you back here w/ more CROM-info! (U got mail btw..)
Downloading now..
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Stench wrote: Oh well, here's the CROM 7" for everyone interested!: http://rapidshare.com/files/208893397/Crom.zip.html
Nice one and very British-sounding. Thank you!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

can someone reupload the 7" to an account that doesn't expire after 10 downloads? thanks.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

doomedplanet wrote:can someone reupload the 7" to an account that doesn't expire after 10 downloads? thanks.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
anthares

Post by anthares »

Uh huh! Great single! Is there picture cover for this?