Yugo Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Favourite Yugoslavian Band

Gordi
4%
Divlje Jagode
6%
Sarcasm
21%
Demoniac
No votes
Heller
17%
Annathema
8%
Crna Udovica
4%
Evil Blood
21%
Pergament
15%
Pomaranca
2%
Legija
2%

Total votes: 48

Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

®O©O wrote:
Noisenik wrote: Džinovski
:D e pankeru! drži se Zadruge!
od blata do neba vas Zadruga vreba ...

ha! hahaha!!!
I am ... the One you warned me of
ironchains

Post by ironchains »

definately at the top: EVIL BLOOD
after this, heller, demoniac, sarcasm, annathema
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

I'm at work atm but I have to remember to download that comp.

Some great history being mentioned here too bad it's near impossible to find some of the lesser known demos & EP's.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

roihlem wrote: Here is the most known Kain track: http://youtube.com/watch?v=azKKufbIkF0
I am quite surprised that you don`t know them. They were always mentioned in one row with Anesthesia and Drinking Skull. I heard one of their demo tracks and this was their best song imo...
Thanks for the link! Wo-ho, Metal Mania!! :) When did they cancel that show, by the way, must be somewhere in the late 90s, or .. ?

I've also downloaded another Kain track earlier this day from this page - http://www.crometal.cjb.net/ , great stuff but I have to give it some more listens!

How many copies of Kain MLP were offered in last 5 years?
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

sovdat wrote:
roihlem wrote: Here is the most known Kain track: http://youtube.com/watch?v=azKKufbIkF0
I am quite surprised that you don`t know them. They were always mentioned in one row with Anesthesia and Drinking Skull. I heard one of their demo tracks and this was their best song imo...
Thanks for the link! Wo-ho, Metal Mania!! :) When did they cancel that show, by the way, must be somewhere in the late 90s, or .. ?

I've also downloaded another Kain track earlier this day from this page - http://www.crometal.cjb.net/ , great stuff but I have to give it some more listens!

How many copies of Kain MLP were offered in last 5 years?
You mean the festival or the TV show? The show was in the late 90s I think, while the festivals already in the mid 90s with one more taking place in 2003...

I never saw the Kain LP on Ebay. I had two copies of them, one bought in Germany and one in Croatia, both times very cheap (I think 15€ in Germany and 3€ in Croatia) due to the fact that it is unknown. One copy I traded away, while one I kept...
Here is one more video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPGfNce-HA8

Noisenik, can you upload the Robin Hood demo?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

roihlem wrote:Noisenik, can you upload the Robin Hood demo?
Frankly, I don't have their stuff, but I will ask those who might have sth.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Heller are my fave. Bombarder are really cool and so are Annabel Lee. Evil Blood rules too and the little I heard from Sarcasm was great. Probably forgot some others like Bloodbath which are pretty good.
BTW, has anyone heard about a band from the 80's called SATANIC LEGIONS OF DEATH??? Supposed to sound like Master's Hammer and Tormentor...
Btw, I also like drinking Skull...
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I never heard of SLOD...who did tell you about them?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Just got the re-issue of BOMBARDER - Speed Kills, not bad dirty thrash-and-roll from 1989
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

stormspell wrote:Just got the re-issue of BOMBARDER - Speed Kills, not bad dirty thrash-and-roll from 1989
I hear that the sound on this CD reissue is fucking horrible. Worth getting regardless?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Astaroth wrote:
stormspell wrote:Just got the re-issue of BOMBARDER - Speed Kills, not bad dirty thrash-and-roll from 1989
I hear that the sound on this CD reissue is fucking horrible. Worth getting regardless?
I actually thought the sound is very decent, given where and when it was recorded. Then again I have no idea what the original LP sounds.

The new artwork is abysmal, though, no question about that. A nitemarish cross between spermatozoid and a dead seahorse :lol:

peterott

Post by peterott »

stormspell wrote:
Astaroth wrote:
I actually thought the sound is very decent, given where and when it was recorded. Then again I have no idea what the original LP sounds.

The new artwork is abysmal, though, no question about that. A nitemarish cross between spermatozoid and a dead seahorse :lol:

I think Speed Kills was only released on MC-format back then.
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

peterott wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Astaroth wrote:

I think Speed Kills was only released on MC-format back then.
Who did release the rerelease? It was already rereleased two years ago...
Yes, originally it existed on tape only...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

roihlem wrote:Who did release the rerelease? It was already rereleased two years ago...
Yes, originally it existed on tape only...
Utterly Somber Creations from Chicago. He also re-released Ledena Krv 2 years ago - maybe this is what was released 2 years ago, and not "Speed Kills"?

I didnt know it was released on MC only. I have very distinctive recollection of seeing some BOMBARDER on LP in the late 80s/early 90s when I used to live in Bulgaria and our major music stores were loaded with crappy Yugoslavian LP pressings (If I only knew what insane prices LPs like ANNATHEMA S/T and Empire of Noise would fetch I'd have bought em by truckloads! It wouldnt have cost me much either).
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

stormspell wrote:I didnt know it was released on MC only. I have very distinctive recollection of seeing some BOMBARDER on LP in the late 80s/early 90s when I used to live in Bulgaria and our major music stores were loaded with crappy Yugoslavian LP pressings..
That would be the "Bez Milosti" LP from '91, their 2nd recording.