SIREN - No Place Like Home ..and similar bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Helm

Post by Helm »

It's not that I don't respect your differing opinions. It's that often they are worded so inconsiderately that they convey an ignorance of the likes of others. When you for example find the new Dark Quarterer to be a bad record I have nothing to counter with. Tastes differ. But when you say they're ripping off their fans because they're not playing HM as you like your HM, you're hurling a large insult to them, their listeners intelligence and generally are begging to be flamed. It's one thing to have tastes and be proud of them (I certainly also am) it's another to just say things like that for no apparent reason. I seriously have no desire to fight with you on the internet, don't take this post as an attack, just my attempt to help you understand why people take offense in what you say sometimes.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
Noisenik wrote:I sorta missed another thread where Vag shines ...
Mr.Nenad at least i have my own different opinion.I usually don't see many people around disagreeing about something they don't like.Why only people participate to say great or perfect.I have never seen often people saying shit this band suck ass and so on.What they afraid of?

We are here to talk about the good and the bad metal depending how we seeing it.

:wink:
more than OK with me :), although I am always at least a little surprised (if not goggle-eyed) about a fervour you employ when you address the bands you don't like. I for one usually don't even think to spend my energy on anything I don't like, although it is true that in my case one cannot know whether I don't even know the band/ music or I don't have opinion about it or doesn't click with me or I simply don't like it or I hate it so much I downright ignore it ... However, if one labels certain band/ music as a shit, etc. then following question arise: Does one actually know the band/ music it addresses (I have experienced many times that ppl addressing sth as crap haven't even heard it - they followed word of mouth; or, like my friend Mota, listened to it once, didn't like it and sell it within an hour), does one understand it and does one want to understand it (in case band changed direction due to developmental or business reasons). However, I do not accept the notion that only 100% pure Metal deserves to be addressed as Metal at all.
I am ... the One you warned me of
nabel

Post by nabel »

Back to Siren, I was so happy to pick the LP from Hamburg for 9,99- but then I went to HOA and Hellion stand had like five copies for 3 euros a piece... :lol:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

nabel wrote:but then I went to HOA and Hellion stand had like five copies for 3 euros a piece... :lol:
They did? Damn! I've been wanting to pick up cheap multiple copies of it to recommend to my better customers at record fairs. They must have been gone when I looked :(
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

DaN wrote:
nabel wrote:but then I went to HOA and Hellion stand had like five copies for 3 euros a piece... :lol:
They did? Damn! I've been wanting to pick up cheap multiple copies of it to recommend to my better customers at record fairs. They must have been gone when I looked :(
Hellion had this SIREN LP on their website for 3 EUR like forever. I though everyone knew, else I'd have mentioned it earlier.

It is still listed there btw, so I assume they still have copies left in stock.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

stormspell wrote:Hellion had this SIREN LP on their website for 3 EUR like forever. I though everyone knew, else I'd have mentioned it earlier.

It is still listed there btw, so I assume they still have copies left in stock.
As a little warning: Hellion rarely updates their lists and many stuff listed is long gone, which is pretty misleading. Upon ordering it they write it off as being sold out and next time it's again in catalogue and believe me, it's no restock!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Noisenik wrote:As a little warning: Hellion rarely updates their lists and many stuff listed is long gone, which is pretty misleading. Upon ordering it they write it off as being sold out and next time it's again in catalogue and believe me, it's no restock!
Well, you can always e-mail Jurgen or Sascha and ask before ordering I guess.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

stormspell wrote:
Noisenik wrote:As a little warning: Hellion rarely updates their lists and many stuff listed is long gone, which is pretty misleading. Upon ordering it they write it off as being sold out and next time it's again in catalogue and believe me, it's no restock!
Well, you can always e-mail Jurgen or Sascha and ask before ordering I guess.
True, yet twice I didn't get wanted with all precautions I have made. Once they couldn't find it, others I got credit anyway. They're not really eager to sell sonderangebote, it seems. I deem them too expensive, anyhow.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Thanks for the recommendation. I finally got this, AMAZING record, though I think 'A Place In Time', 'Terrible Swift Sword', 'Shadows of the Future Past', 'Burning Bridges' and 'The Mine' are all better than 'Over The Rainbow'. With 'A Place In Time' being one of the best tracks I've ever heard. Shame about the terrible, terrible cover and logo change.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
anthares

Post by anthares »

daniel wrote:Shame about the terrible, terrible cover and logo change.
Agreed!
anthares

Post by anthares »

Did Pentagramophone got inspired by this thread and bought this album from Metal Dealer in front of my eyes? :x
pentagramophone

Post by pentagramophone »

anthares wrote:Did Pentagramophone got inspired by this thread and bought this album from Metal Dealer in front of my eyes? :x
It was just one component in a 20+ record trade but yes, you can blame this thread. Wouldn't have picked it up for a listen without this.
ShadowGallery

Post by ShadowGallery »

"No Place Like Home" is one of the greatest "unsung hero"- albums of all times.
Fuckin`brilliant.....
mustardgasattack

Siren- No Place Like Home

Post by mustardgasattack »

Cannot get enough of this album. Another one I got into thanks to smoking weed. Something about this album is very trippy. It doesn't sound "psychedelic" but something about the vocals or the production seems way weird to me. "Terrible Swift Sword" has to be one of my all time favorite songs. Thanks to Erich Keller from Good Bad Music for Bad Bad Times blog for turning me on to these guys.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Merged with the old topic./Mod
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart