SIREN - No Place Like Home ..and similar bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

My copy has lyrics too and i had bought it for peanuts years ago.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

ION BRITTON wrote:My copy has lyrics too and i had bought it for peanuts years ago.
yeah, mine was like $8??
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Say whatever you want.For me there's no comparison.Polish,Russian,Czech,Yugoslav metal is far superior than Us Metal.

:cry: You are SO alone !!! :cry:
You should by a Tamagotchi !
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

tbieri wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:Say whatever you want.For me there's no comparison.Polish,Russian,Czech,Yugoslav metal is far superior than Us Metal.

:cry: You are SO alone !!! :cry:
You should by a Tamagotchi !
He'd probably rather get a tetris hand-held, as it's Russian.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Helm wrote:early Mayfair
Just remembered I need to know more about this act. Guess it's the debut I should look up?
tbieri wrote:A record i love much but most people don't, is MANIA's No Lullabies.
Very unusual rythmiques in songs and singing ! What most people dislike is the strong Glam/Hair-Metal-Touch !
Same story for THRUSTT's Call the Boys out !
So these have some out of the ordinary, not-quite-what-u-think vibes? Can't help being sceptical, but I'll make a note.

...and I want a Kumunitskiyi Stil t-shirt for HOA. Badly. :lol:
Helm

Post by Helm »

The debut 'Behind' and the demo 'Find the Screams Behind this Gate' which I have uploaded on Poisonoise. Tell me how you felt about them.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I think THRUSTT's LP is crap, nothing out of ordinary about it, glammy metal way below par..

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

If ur reactions towards Vectom were such...i cant imagine how they will be towards Carrion-Evil is there ?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:If ur reactions towards Vectom were such...i cant imagine how they will be towards Carrion-Evil is there ?
T-H-E M-A-S-T-E-R-P-I-E-C-E!

Best Swiss band ever and one of the best Thrash bands for sure.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:If ur reactions towards Vectom were such...i cant imagine how they will be towards Carrion-Evil is there ?
A comment on my sig? No, I don't see any connection between CARRION and VECTOMS musicwise, sorry.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

DaN wrote:
A comment on my sig? No, I don't see any connection between CARRION and VECTOMS musicwise, sorry.
i got it,thats why i remembered, i like it better that Vectom, maybe is more catchy...but i feel they are in the same speed metal track...similar vocals ,similar production...
mordred

Post by mordred »

Fucking Åmål wrote:T-H-E M-A-S-T-E-R-P-I-E-C-E!

Best Swiss band ever and one of the best Thrash bands for sure.
Uhm, don't you think Celtic Frost were a tad bit better? 8)

I think Carrion were pretty OK though, I loved the album in my most intense thrash/speed period. Maybe I can see in what way they were similar to Vectom, but unlike Vectom, Carrior were kind of cool and they had decent songs too.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

mordred wrote: Uhm, don't you think Celtic Frost were a tad bit better? 8)
Please don't ask him such questions, another post-bomb is on the way now... :P

daniel

Post by daniel »

Wow, Fucking Åmål, isn't that the guy who turned out to be a fucking racist some time ago? And amazing taste in music, I mean how DA FUCK could any US-Metal be better that the sublime techno-dance-whatever he loves. Metal on dude, you certainly know what you're talking about.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

I think Dan should lock this thread...we fucked it up and it died(translation: to gamhsame kai psofise, dudes, ELEOS!)
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!