The Stace "Sheepdog" McLaren Appreciation Thread

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Favourite Razor Album With Sheepdog?

Armed and Dangerous
14%
Executioner's Song
10%
Evil Invaders
43%
Malicious Intent
No votes
Custom Killing
No votes
Violent Restitution
33%

Total votes: 21

ION BRITTON

The Stace "Sheepdog" McLaren Appreciation Thread

Post by ION BRITTON »

Vote for your favorite Razor album with Sheepdog and honour one of the most killer metal vocalists whose inimitable aggressive shrieks spread and still spread terror all across the land!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Voted for Evil Invaders but most of his stuff shreds. One of the greatest metal vocalists ever!
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Voted for "Evil Invaders" too, one of the five best thrash album ever written !
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

Evil Invaders for me too. Up your ass, right here, right now!
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
Helm

Post by Helm »

I'm sorry! Violent Restitution!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Say also something for Sheepdog goddammit!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Helm

Post by Helm »

I think he's amazing. The piercing scream scares me shitless still. The dude was FOR REAL, his lyrics were always consequent of what that band stood for. Simple? Sure? But you better not cross them cuz they'll even the score. Revenge and a little more.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Haven't heard 'em all, so can't really vote. Of the 2-3 I've heard, Violent Restitution has been best. And yes, that opening shriek is one of the craziest things I've ever heard- the human voice should not be capable of producing such sounds! :shock:
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Violent Restitution is THE Razor album! That's when Dave was pissed off the most haha :)

Once I've read one interview with Stace, and apparently he's still playing music, but only love songs to his wife :D

By the way, does anyone know the story about Shepdog parting ways with Razor? Dave has his story (that Stace was constantly drunk, wasn't doing well at the shows, and was in mainly because of the chicks and party, so he threw him out of the band), and Stace his own (he said that Custom Killing was his favorite Razor album, and that he wanted to continue in that way, and Violent Restitution his least favorite Razor album, that's why he left) ..?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Violent Restitution. Sheepdog's shriek in the beginning of Marshall Arts is terrifying and defines real metal in its purest form, unrelenting and devastating. He was FOR REAL, a passionate metal vocalist who causes terror along with the ultimate lyrics about eliminating posers and knocking out wimps.
Long Live The Loud !!!
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

1.Armed & Dangerous
2.Evil Invaders
3.Violent Restitution
4.Executioners Song
5.Custom Killing
6.Malicious Intent

I go through phases periodically where I am possessed by each album for various reasons & more often than not Custom Killing ranks much higher (just not today), very much an underappreciated album.
stepping on toes since 1978
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Alright, I know how hyped Razor is as a band and they are from Canada to boot, but fuck if I've ever been able to get passed how terrible McLaren's vocals can be sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, Razor has some brilliant songs with both vocalists but my favorite Razor album happens to have Bob Reid on vox.

I don't know man; Sheepdog is really hit or miss at times and potentially ruins some songs for me.

Sorry to go against the grain here, but even being the Thrash enthusiast that I am, I can’t help but compare and be honest.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
nabel

Post by nabel »

Brainbiter wrote: Up your ass, right here, right now!
Evil Invaders it is! One of the best metal moments in my life was to hear that line first time coming out my speakers! ARGHRH!
Violent Restitution deserves also a special thumbs up, that album is full of angry stuff. God damn I love it. Like everything else with Sheepdog!

Like The Sentinel mentioned, having lyrics about eliminating posers and knocking out wimps you simply cannot go wrong!

Razor, Razor, Razor!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Sorry, 'Executioner's Song' is the unbeatable one for me, Take This Torch motherfuckers!
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
anthares

Post by anthares »

UUAARGH! Sheepdog!! Metal vocalist numero uno!!
Voted for Armed and dangerous. Malicious intent and evil invaders are very close!