Archeological Study:Lets decypher the lyrics of Nigro Mantia

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Helm

Post by Helm »

Confused again!!

Also, do you have the lyrics for Monolith of Infinity too?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helm wrote:I am listening to GOE and it has a very strange and sorta 'archaic' aura, for a thrash record!
Power.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helm

Post by Helm »

True, it turns out to be more speed-power than anything else. Good record I think.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

snaps666 wrote:I am ofcourse talking about NIGRO MANTIA lyric-sheet!
Double misunderstanding then. I was talking about ATLAIN lyrics(heet). :lol:
I am ... the One you warned me of
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

And I didn't even know this band (atlain).
Well if it's german speed/power it's probably something down my road
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Helm wrote:Confused again!!

I don't have it yet, but a friend of mine promised me a copy of an original lyricsheet he got directly from the guitarist. But I would like to think there's lyrics for Monolith... also.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Noisenik wrote:
snaps666 wrote:I am ofcourse talking about NIGRO MANTIA lyric-sheet!
Double misunderstanding then. I was talking about ATLAIN lyrics(heet). :lol:
That's what you get from discussing 2 different bands i one thread :lol:
Helm

Post by Helm »

snaps666 wrote:
Helm wrote:Confused again!!

I don't have it yet, but a friend of mine promised me a copy of an original lyricsheet he got directly from the guitarist. But I would like to think there's lyrics for Monolith... also.
Looking forward to that, then! The only line I'm certain of in Monolith of Infinity is "reaching for the internet to save me from existence" hehe joking, I mean "feeling the exploding orgasm of the fulfillment of the ego". Well and "Insanity? Infinity!" of course. What a band.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helm wrote:True, it turns out to be more speed-power than anything else. Good record I think.
Sorry, I was being a genre-nerd.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helm

Post by Helm »

And you were right to be :P no worries.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Noisenik wrote: with demos? vinyl lyricsheet? wow, what a strange combination. I must add, ATLAIN are my fave power/speed Metal band (as seen from me very introductory post).
ATLAIN are also a fave band of mine.But the best speed metal?No i wouldn't went so far.Nenad you like ATLAIN more than VECTOM(Gods) and WALLOP?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Fucking Åmål wrote:ATLAIN are also a fave band of mine.But the best speed metal?No i wouldn't went so far.Nenad you like ATLAIN more than VECTOM(Gods) and WALLOP?
Yeees, I do. I have very special relationship with their G.O.E. album. I had it since early teen years, recorded on a crappy cassette, but I didn't know that, as there were no titles, no info nothing except that the guy who lend it to me had OVERKILL written allover it. So even I thought that I listen to some old demo of OVERKILL. And if you ask me they sound quite similar esp. on crappy copies. Well, I liked it more in years to come, but only in late 2003 I actually discovered who they were, where from, etc... Damn, it's really difficult if you don't know what to seek for.
Last edited by Noisenik on Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helm

Post by Helm »

I'll summon Brainbiter in here to tell you the most awesome similar Nocturnus story.
Brainbiter

Post by Brainbiter »

Back in my first months in heavy metal, back when tapes of Iron Maiden (almost exclusively) were exchanged beneath the school desks, a very good friend of mine passed me a tape with DEATHBLOW- THE KEY written on it and the names of a few kids I knew from the school and of course his own.
"Listen to it, it's my band, we're Deathblow". And I listened to it a lot because it was good, part slayer, part something I couldn't exactly follow (maiden, metallica and venom were my diet) and some creepy keyboards thrown in the mix. There even was another version of the first song (Ready for Fire? I thought) with the bass intro from Iron Maiden's Clairvoyant. I was impressed.:)
I started drawing covers for the demo, posters etc, in true Derrek Riggs style. I was devoted to the band. I was their official artist. However, years passed and I forgot all about the tape, I stopped nagging my friend “what are you going to do with the band?” and went on with my heavy metal life.

Well, 3 years ago, I decided to listen to Nocturnus, an important death metal band as I was reading everywhere. I downloaded the first album and, hey I already knew that intro. And that first song... ready for...REIGN OF FIRE??!! WTF??! The album was awesome but I didn't know how to feel about it! I already knew the songs. They had been registered in my mind as Deathblow, my friend's demo tape. So, I call him and tell him about it and he says, “Sooooo, it was Nocturnus after all... I wouldn't know man. I just picked a tape.”

So, Nocturnus is actually one of the first bands I got into, I have a “rare” version of Reign of Fire with the Clairvoyant intro, a notebook full of lyrics that could make 20 new Nocturnus albums (though, probably in the challenging/elusive D&D/social angst direction) as well as a couple of alternate covers for their debut album, with ultra-heavy Eddie influence (he he), and some A4 posters with a mascot that looked a lot like an albino “dragon-man”. 8)

Deathblow still reign supreme.
"The destruction of a thousand billion sea creatures to satisfy man's appetite for metal is insane"

Days Of The Locust. My blog o' movies.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Have these friends of yours actually rerecorded the music in a ways or just scrap it together in a mix. If first, then you listened to covers, if second, well, I could say my friends and other MH's in area were capable of this kind of extreme pretentiousness, but they never indulged to such a degree. Or I have again misunderstood everything?

Ironically, I discovered ATLAIN with help of MA. I typed Break Down Your Neck and got 100% MATCH after I checked VOD files. Such things happen once in a million times.

Guaaaaaaaaardians of Eter-ni-ty!!!!!!!!