Desolation Angels

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
doomedplanet

Re: Desolation Angels

Post by doomedplanet »

Desolation Angels will always be a stone classic metal album and I can say I've listened to it at least once every 3-4 months for the last 25 years. Used to have it on tape in my car and now I have a cd too and it is perfect to listen to while driving too fast.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

My favorite release of theirs is surely While the flame still burns with Dave Wall on vocals and not the wimpy Lee Addison versions that were included in the Miskatonic box set. Some tracks on that comp (Killer, Running for you life etc.) were also way better than anything on the LP, which I do like very much nonetheless. Still listening to their stuff although not as much as other stuff like Angel Witch, Son Of Odin, A Time Of Changes or Dominator.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Noisenik wrote:Digging through the Corro-vaults, I couldn't resist: How do fare DESOLATION ANGELS on your playlists these days, that is, 11 years later?
The Valhalla 7": all the time!
The LP: from time to time.

That's all I got from Desolation Angels... Never heard the rest and it's probably a mistake from my side, heh?
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

ION BRITTON wrote:My favorite release of theirs is surely While the flame still burns with Dave Wall on vocals and not the wimpy Lee Addison versions that were included in the Miskatonic box set. Some tracks on that comp (Killer, Running for you life etc.) were also way better than anything on the LP, which I do like very much nonetheless. Still listening to their stuff although not as much as other stuff like Angel Witch, Son Of Odin, A Time Of Changes or Dominator.
Ooo, might need to start an ANGEL WITCH thread sometime. Their post-s/t albums always interested me more than they probably should have. But they contain a lot of material that I always liked. Sure, they may not be as good as.... oh, er, I'll save it for the thread.

Haven't gotten back to DESOLATION ANGELS yet, been playing some VIRGIN STEELE.... but that's for another thread (just posted).

Patrick- sometime I'll rub the ol' brain cells together and try to write up a thread detailing everything I dug out of that store, including the Heathens Rage demo tapes that helped pay for my wife's engagement ring.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

nightsblood wrote:Ooo, might need to start an ANGEL WITCH thread sometime. Their post-s/t albums always interested me more than they probably should have. But they contain a lot of material that I always liked. Sure, they may not be as good as.... oh, er, I'll save it for the thread.
Interesting idea. But before you start dissecting Frontal Assault, please visit here for a little 'assistance' to aid in your reappraisal of the title track.
http://thecorroseum.org/forum/viewtopic ... rt=105#top
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

bigfootkit wrote:
nightsblood wrote:Ooo, might need to start an ANGEL WITCH thread sometime. Their post-s/t albums always interested me more than they probably should have. But they contain a lot of material that I always liked. Sure, they may not be as good as.... oh, er, I'll save it for the thread.
Interesting idea. But before you start dissecting Frontal Assault, please visit here for a little 'assistance' to aid in your reappraisal of the title track.
http://thecorroseum.org/forum/viewtopic ... rt=105#top
Dude that's just messed up :lol:
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky