Thrash classics

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Destrozer

Thrash classics

Post by Destrozer »

Guys, I need help with one thing. I've been downloading a lot of stuff lately, albums that I have missed out through the years, mostly Thrash stuff. Bands like Overkill, Nuclear Assault, Testament, among others. Can you recommend me some classics? Speed, Power...
The Erlking

Re: Thrash classics

Post by The Erlking »

Destrozer wrote:Guys, I need help with one thing. I've been downloading a lot of stuff lately, albums that I have missed out through the years, mostly Thrash stuff. Bands like Overkill, Nuclear Assault, Testament, among others. Can you recommend me some classics? Speed, Power...
Overkill - Feel The Fire, Morbid Saint - Spectrum Of Death, Korrozia Metalla - Order Satani, Anthrax - Fistful Of Metal, Razor - Evil Invaders, Dark Angel - Darkness Descends, Exumer - Possessed By Fire, Holy Moses - Finished With The Dogs, Testament - The Legacy, Sacrifice - Torment In Fire, Vulcano - Bloody Vengeance.. for starters!
Last edited by The Erlking on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Thanks. Had all of those except Anthrax and Holy Moses... Will check them out.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

ofcorpse there are lot more of classics but it's hard to recommend stuff because I'm not aware of what you have heard. I take it you are familiar with Exodus - Bonded By Blood and Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare??

btw. that anthrax album is more like Speed Metal and pretty good as that. The other albums are skatethrash that varies from really bad to good and decent songs. Not the fav. thrash band of the corroseum for sure :D
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

I've been wanting to hear that Anthrax album a long time now...
Hmm, Vio-lence is another one I really need to check out.
Yeah, "Bonded by Blood" if the fuckin' best!
I recently discovered Heathen and Whiplash and they were both great. Also Skyclad and Testament... He he, many records I missed it seems.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Destrozer wrote:I've been wanting to hear that Anthrax album a long time now...
Hmm, Vio-lence is another one I really need to check out.
Yeah, "Bonded by Blood" if the fuckin' best!
I recently discovered Heathen and Whiplash and they were both great. Also Skyclad and Testament... He he, many records I missed it seems.
Whiplash is great and heaten is good also. I like german style of thrash the most maybe but there are some great US thrash albums out there.
tomas

Post by tomas »

Merciless - The Awakening
Mutilator - Immortal Force
Necronomicon - s/t
Kreator - Pleasure To Kill
The Unsane - Inverted Crosses (i think i uploaded it on poisonoise)
Savage Death - Mass Genocide
Rob

Post by Rob »

Darkness "Death Squad"
6is9
metalmaster

Re: Thrash classics

Post by metalmaster »

Destrozer wrote:Guys, I need help with one thing. I've been downloading a lot of stuff lately, albums that I have missed out through the years, mostly Thrash stuff. Bands like Overkill, Nuclear Assault, Testament, among others. Can you recommend me some classics? Speed, Power...

I would recommend you to buy them instead of download them all
HamburgerBoy

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Artillery's By Inheritance, Realm's Endless War, and Ulysses Siren's Above the Ashes demo compilation are all mandatory (semi-)technical thrash albums. Target's Master Project Genesis is great stuff too, but it'll be very hard to track down if you're buying anything.
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

You should check out Cranium from Stockholm and their album Speed Metal Sentence. It's not a classic in the same league as Vio-lence and the other stuff that has been mentioned but this is really one of my favourite thrash albums
mordred

Post by mordred »

Exumer - Possessed by Fire
Living Death - Metal Revolution
Mezzrow - Then Came the Killing
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Sodom - Agent Orange

Some of my favourite thrash metal albums.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Laaz Rockit - Nothing's Sacred
Savage Steel - Do Or Die
Paradox - Product Of Imagination
Toxik - World Circus
Agony - The First Defiance
Cyclone - Brutal Destruction
Deathrow - Deception Ignored
Sacred Reich - Ignorance
Turbo - Dead End
Apocalype - S/T
Hammer - Terror
Entropy - Ashen Existence
Grinder - Dawn For The Living
Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence

Just the tip of the iceburg but that should keep you busy for a while.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

JonahQuizz wrote:You should check out Cranium from Stockholm and their album Speed Metal Sentence. It's not a classic in the same league as Vio-lence and the other stuff that has been mentioned but this is really one of my favourite thrash albums
You are right my friend.Although the classic from CRANIUM is the Speed Metal Slaughter from 98.

Incidentally the best thrash bands from Sweden were CRANIUM and GUILLOTINE.

Generally speaking since Thrash Metal is one of my fave genres i will say some faves:

CARRION-Evil Is There
NECRONOMICON-Necronomicon
DESTRUCTION-Infernal Overkill
FLAMES-Summon The Dead
VECTOM-Speed Revolution
SODOM-Persecution Mania
DARK ANGEL-We Have Arrived
KAT-666
WILCZY PAJAK-Wilczy Pajak
SARCASM-Crematory
KORROZIA METALLA-Orden Satani

and so on....

Oh and i dislike technical Thrash Metal.Or bands like Testament,Anthrax and so
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fucking Åmål wrote:KAT-666
This is not pure thrash. It is in fact a fuckin' evil raw speedy HEAVY METAL album 8)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart