RUNNING WILD - Poll + Opinions

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Which one is your favourite studio album and why?

Gates To Purgatory
39%
Branded And Exiled
13%
Under Jolly Roger
5%
Port Royal
5%
Death Or Glory
18%
Blazon Stone
3%
Pile Of Skulls
5%
Black Hand Inn
8%
Masquerade
3%
The Rivalry
No votes
Victory
No votes
The Brotherhood
No votes
Rogues En Vogue
No votes

Total votes: 38

ION BRITTON

RUNNING WILD - Poll + Opinions

Post by ION BRITTON »

What do the members of Corroseum think about this band? You love them or hate them? Which album is your favourite one? Are they really as repetitive and boring as some people say or is it all just bullshit?

I have already stated my opinion on this band. I simply CAN'T do without them no matter how disappointing their last albums might sound to my ears. "Death Or Glory" is a VERY important part of me, i still remember me running completely berserk under the sounds of "Riding the storm" and "Bad to the bone". "Under Jolly Roger" has the most killer and metallic production i've ever heard and it is my second favourite. For the third place, all the rest until Masquerade.

Chains and Leather and Rivets.

HAIL!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I went for the first album because that was the first one I haerd and because it is a masterpiece of German Speed Metal
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

First one, followed by the second one and "Death or Glory". Have not heard many from the others.
"Hallow the Hell" is my FAVE track. Short and amazing.
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

I LOVE the first two - I think they are amazingly catchy, simple but not simplistic (if you know what I mean) and some of the ideas are nearly classical in character and surely influenced by classical material. I don't know the rest but am on a quest to get them all.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

I went with Pile of Skulls because of the amazing Treasure Island (Possibly my favourite song of all time). Though my favourite changes among these five albums (The classic era) Death or Glory, Blazon Stone, Pile of SKulls, Black Hand Inn, Masquerade.

This is PROBABLY my current list of best to worst:

Pile of Skulls
Blazon Stone
Death Or Glory
Black Hand Inn
Masquerade
Gates To Purgatory
Port Royal
The Rivalry
Branded & Exiled
Under Jolly Roger
The Brotherhood
Victory
Rogues En Vouge

My favourite lead guitarist beside Rolf is probably Axel, Favourite bass player BY FAR Jens Becker (one of the all time great bass players) and favourite drummer probably Iain Finlay but Jörg Michael and Stefan Schwarzmann are both great too.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

I voted Under Jolly Roger out of sheer nostalgia. Maybe the first 2 are better or more important, but I just like that one most. The first 5 albums are all great. I am missing some of the newer ones so I can't really rate those.. musically repetitive for sure, but that doesn't really matter or affect their greatness imo!
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
DMR

Post by DMR »

Black Hand Inn is my favorite, and Death or Glory is a very close second.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Not one of my favourite bands, still I voted for Branded and Exiled which is the first album I heard from them. That would have been sometime around 1986-87 (before Under Jolly Roger was released), I actually got Gates of Purgatory from my brother on my fifteenth birthday (3rd of August 1987) . Guess it's more a matter of nostalgica than anything else. Gods of Iron killed!

I kept buying their albums until the mid-to-late-nineties but somewhere along I noticed I wasn't really listening to the records anymore so I stopped. Maybe I should have a RW revival at home this weekend. Yes. Thanks for the tip!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I voted "Death Or Glory", simply because it crushes, metal with balls. Almost everything rules from this godly band. The debut is another milestone.
Long Live The Loud !!!
BlackStele

Post by BlackStele »

Branded And Exiled goes first for me cause I prefer their more “rough”and ”primitive” material, on the other hand, that doesn’t mean that I don’t like the rest of their works. Generally, it is a tough choice when we talk bout this great band! I like a lot a Brazilian bootleg that I possess, which contains their 82 demo and live recordings, veeery primitive material, just right for me! The cover is AWFUL, so disgusting that you might adore it! Hahaha, it pictures a fat-ass lady that’ll haunt your wildest dreams(nightmares maybe? :lol: )It is titled as”Heavy Metal Like A Hammerblow”, but it has no connection with the one wide known with the Adrian SOS on the cover ofcurse, completely different sound and tracklist than the first one. Moreover, another favorite RW item is the “Victim Of States Power”, with the HYMN “Walpurgis Night”, and the bone-crushing ”Satan”. Oh how can I not mention their wonderfull 7” “Soldiers Of Hell”, with the 2 demos from 83, one of them recorded live, with a stunning-cult foto on the back-sleeve that takes you back in time...when STEEL was worth more than gold...Oh another raw item is the boot with the cockroaches on its cover(other editions with the same title exist though) titled “Black Demos On Stage”, well DEFINITELY this is not for wimps, hahha! BUT that doesn’t mean that I don’t bow before their other Godly works, with Gates To Purgatory on the top, Under Jolly Roger, Port Royal, Death Or Glory, Black Hand Inn and Masquerade...EH...ALL YOU BANGERS ON EARTH AND SOMEWHERE ELSE, DON'T BE A VICTIM OF STATES POWER AND STRUGGLE FOR FREEDOM!! :twisted: :twisted:
Black signs on my monitor, great bitching and fake words, Avenger is here, the craziest "modest" of all modsss...FTOU!!
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

"Pentagram" years for me, t.i. Gates To Purgatory and Branded And Exiled. Rough and at least seemingly dark enough for the time being. Nostalgia? Yeah, sure. One album ... ? Oh, allright, Gates then.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Port Royal today, any of the first 5 tomorrow.

I even like Blazon Stone and Black Hand Inn, sometimes.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

'Death or Glory' easily for me, followed by 'Port Royal' & 'Under Jolly Roger' for third.

Their best song is 'Conquistadores'!

The last one I heard that I liked was 'Rivalry'
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Definitely not an easy pick for me. I can't really comment most of their 90s work as I haven't listened to those albums enough. I love Death Or Glory and to me it sounds like the epitome of Heavy Metal ala Running Will but Port Royal has a special place in my heart of steel. The first album I heard from them and the nostalgia helps quite alot (+ conquistadores). Then again I love their pentagram-era style and especially on Gates Of Purgatory. It's the RW album I listen to most (along with Death Or Glory). Victim Of States Power, Adrian S.O.S. and Prisoner Of Our Times.. These songs still blow my mind and the early satanic germano speed metal work of RW needs more support and recognizion among the majority of headbangers in the world. Yeah I'll pick Gates. Still most of their albums rule.

Edit. I think that the Gates and Death Or Glory are equally great.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
humus

Post by humus »

"Classic bands you've never heard"

Well, this is what Running wild is to me.