Hungarian metal - a recommendation thread

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Maxim

Re: Hungarian metal - a recommendation thread

Post by Maxim »

Great compilation, thanks! That Ippolit Matvejevics song almost sounds like some modern days black metal :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Maxim wrote:Great compilation, thanks! That Ippolit Matvejevics song almost sounds like some modern days black metal :)
More than anything they remind me of Paul Chain. Looking at the picture on Garazs II they don't look much like a metal band and I'm not sure they want to be one, but I've always wanted to know more about them. Quite a mystery...
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Great compilation! Your efforts are much appreciated. The standout for me so far is Masodik Alapitvany.
Pavlos

Post by Pavlos »

Cool stuff, as usual. Thanx.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Pestkrieg wrote:The standout for me so far is Masodik Alapitvany.
I love that track too - pure awesome! ..but I'd like to issue a warning: the rest of their LP varies from melodic HR to pop-rock. There's one more heavy tune, but it's an instrumental. It still has its charm but as a whole it's mostly For Hungarian Completists Only.
Cyrcka

Post by Cyrcka »

thanks! Great compilation
Lama

Post by Lama »

Thanksss Dan!
Kampel Destruction
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

DaN wrote:
Pestkrieg wrote:The standout for me so far is Masodik Alapitvany.
I love that track too - pure awesome! ..but I'd like to issue a warning: the rest of their LP varies from melodic HR to pop-rock. There's one more heavy tune, but it's an instrumental. It still has its charm but as a whole it's mostly For Hungarian Completists Only.
Much appreciated - I was thinking about grabbing the LP based on that track, but the cover also gave me a bit of a warning! How bizarre to go from such pounding metal to pop-rock.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I only liked the Óceán track, the b-side was great as well, so that makes it a killer 7". I found the other tracks OK at best, dated and too rock 'n' roll-ish at worst. Not my cup of tea, I guess. Thanks for sharing them in any case.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

...and this would fit here:

It's been an almost 3 decades looooooong search for an affordable copy of this one for me, but I finally caught it. If anyone has read any quotes from the old band members concering the Tormentor-session, I'd love to hear about it. It's not even mentioned in the otherwise extensive material of the Saturnus Prod. reissues. (Jonas, where are you???)

The DIKTATOR and TREPAN tracks are great too. Actually I would love to see a vinyl version of the "Animal Metal" tape by Diktator in the future, but I'm not holding my breath...

My rip:
Exclusive content for logged in users.
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

I think I've read the interview somewhere, Attila couldn't attend the studio at that time so the guitarist (also Attila) took the vocal duties.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Maxim wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:32 am I think I've read the interview somewhere, Attila couldn't attend the studio at that time so the guitarist (also Attila) took the vocal duties.
Interesting ...and makes perfect sense since the vocal style is so different. Will add this info the page in the coming days, cheers.