The Corroseum bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Re: The Corroseum bands

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Priamos wrote:
MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:Freshly released new stuff from my band (Voltax)

free streaming https://voltax.bandcamp.com/

We tried to put the best elements from the last two albums into this one, finally we are completely happy with the sound and the whole package( cover made by Dimitar Nikolov and layout design made by Annick Giroux), also the best reviews as well as the worst have been coming out, meaning , we finally did something good with this one :lol:
I gave you a good one too, myself (unfortunately written in greek):
https://rockoverdose.gr/portfolio-view/ ... surrender/
Thanks a lot for the review ! no problem about being in greek, good thing we have translators one click away. Glad you enjoyed it!
Cochino

Re:

Post by Cochino »

bigfootkit wrote: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:36 am Okay Cochino, you asked for it.
Here's my band's 4 song EP from 2004, the finest Scottish Heavy Metal/Hard Rock/Punk/Psychedelia/Stoner/Prog Rock you'll ever hear.
Just came across this thread when searching for something else and I just wanted to tell Bigfootkit that all these years later, I read the song name "Thriving On Nothing" and it just starts playing on my head even though I haven't heard it for years (and it's been lots of years. Rapidshare and imageshack were still a thing at the time of that post!). How didn't it become a worldwide hit? :lol:
bigfootkit

Re: Re:

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:24 am
bigfootkit wrote: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:36 am Okay Cochino, you asked for it.
Here's my band's 4 song EP from 2004, the finest Scottish Heavy Metal/Hard Rock/Punk/Psychedelia/Stoner/Prog Rock you'll ever hear.
Just came across this thread when searching for something else and I just wanted to tell Bigfootkit that all these years later, I read the song name "Thriving On Nothing" and it just starts playing on my head even though I haven't heard it for years (and it's been lots of years. Rapidshare and imageshack were still a thing at the time of that post!). How didn't it become a worldwide hit? :lol:
I've been asking myself that same question for years Cochino. :lol:
Good to know that it's stood the test of time though.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Wait/what/wut? I missed out on this one! Re'up pleazee...?
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

DaN wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:53 pm Wait/what/wut? I missed out on this one! Re'up pleazee...?
Seconded! Even if I downloaded it, it went with HD crash.
I am ... the One you warned me of
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:31 pm
DaN wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:53 pm Wait/what/wut? I missed out on this one! Re'up pleazee...?
Seconded! Even if I downloaded it, it went with HD crash.
Cochino, what have you done? :lol:
I would re-upload the full EP, but the CD drive on my PC is currently kaput so i can't rip the disc. I do have 2 songs on my HD, so that'll need to suffice for now.
Gimme 10 mins to upload 'em.
In the meantime here's a later track we recorded for our never-completed album which was optimistically to be called 'Roll On Doomsday'. :lol:

BIGFOOT - Creepin' (2007-ish)

Cochino

Post by Cochino »

bigfootkit wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:27 am Cochino, what have you done? :lol:
I would re-upload the full EP, but the CD drive on my PC is currently kaput so i can't rip the disc. I do have 2 songs on my HD, so that'll need to suffice for now.
I just checked and I still got the mp3s on my HD. I can upload them if you're ok with it.

It's your chance for a revival! You could now record a mediocre LP that has nothing to do with the sound of this demo/EP and feel like any of your favorite unsung NWOBHM idols!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

I found a couple more good songs on my HD, one that was recorded at the same time as the EP (2004) but didn't make it on there & another from 2007 that was intended for the never-to-be album. So 4 songs altogether, and all from the heavier side of our repertoire.

Thriving On Nothing
Nice Day For A Crucifixion
Targets
Creeping Urban Fungus

BIGFOOT - Various Recordings (2004-2007)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hi5r5bhs ... 9.rar/file
Last edited by bigfootkit on Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:25 am I just checked and I still got the mp3s on my HD. I can upload them if you're ok with it.
It's your chance for a revival! You could now record a mediocre LP that has nothing to do with the sound of this demo/EP and feel like any of your favorite unsung NWOBHM idols!
Sorry Cochino, i missed your reply until after i'd posted mine.
Your 'mediocre reunion LP' idea sounds like a plan!
:lol: :lol:
We had 60+ songs written by the time we quit so it'll be difficult to decide which ones to give a nu-metal makeover to. :D
Somehow i doubt anyone's gonna be waving record contracts under our noses any time soon, they certainly weren't back in the day.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

bigfootkit wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:50 am Sorry Cochino, i missed your reply until after i'd posted mine.
Your 'mediocre reunion LP' idea sounds like a plan!
:lol: :lol:
We had 60+ songs written by the time we quit so it'll be difficult to decide which ones to give a nu-metal makeover to. :D
Somehow i doubt anyone's gonna be waving record contracts under our noses any time soon, they certainly weren't back in the day.
Just remember to give me a shout out when you get hired by some Euro fest to play the EP in its entirety and none of the newer songs 8)
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

bigfootkit wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:37 am I found a couple more good songs on my HD, one that was recorded at the same time as the EP (2004) but didn't make it on there & another from 2007 that was intended for the never-to-be album. So 4 songs altogether, and all from the heavier side of our repertoire.

Thriving On Nothing
Nice Day For A Crucifixion
Targets
Creeping Urban Fungus

BIGFOOT - Various Recordings (2004-2007)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hi5r5bhs ... 9.rar/file
BIGFOOT can actually kick some asses. Some influences you wore on your sleeves, so to say. VOIVOD, alt.metal/grunge, 90's doom rock, SKYCLAD, thrashcore (bass), HC-punk (drums), etc. Great, great!

And memories started to attack again. Btw. did Gary add you to RYM?

Now I can also understand your appreciation of stuff like WIZARD CASTLE. Or DRUNK HORSE.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:34 pm Just remember to give me a shout out when you get hired by some Euro fest to play the EP in its entirety and none of the newer songs 8)
:lol:
Cochino, never mind the shout-out, if that happens you can be there onstage beside me doing all the high notes, coz i'm pretty sure they're well out of my range nowadays. In fact, spaking as a boring old man, the whole thing sounds like one big hassle, can i just appear via zoom? :D
Noisenik wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:32 pm BIGFOOT can actually kick some asses. Some influences you wore on your sleeves, so to say. VOIVOD, alt.metal/grunge, 90's doom rock, SKYCLAD, thrashcore (bass), HC-punk (drums), etc. Great, great!
And memories started to attack again. Btw. did Gary add you to RYM?
Now I can also understand your appreciation of stuff like WIZARD CASTLE. Or DRUNK HORSE.
Thanks for the kind words Nenad, it's interesting to read your impressions all these years after this stuff was recorded.
I can mostly understand why you'd read those influences into the music, but in reality we were all coming from very different directions. The only records that we even had in common across all 4 of our collections were by Sabbath, Zappa, Slayer, the Pistols & Creedence Clearwater Revival (of all people).
As for Skyclad, i can't say that i've ever knowingly heard their music, and i doubt any of the others guys did either, likewise the 90s doom comparison, but to a greater or lesser degree the other parrallels you drew were all in the mix.
Myself & the guitarist were Metal guys but the other 2 weren't, (although the drummer was in his youth, until about 1982).The bass player mostly had a punk background, but by the time of this band he was mainly into dance music, Radiohead & NoMeansNo, the drummer was right into 70s stuff like Roxy Music, Hawkwind & Sparks and old Trojan reggae whilst the guitarist & i were primarily Metal guys, but with a wide appreciation for lots of other styles.
We were a democracy with everyone having a say in every aspect of songwriting, and stylistically anything was allowed as long as it served the song. Whilst this meant we could play with bands of any style, i'm sure we confused as many people as we converted. Perversely, we quite enjoyed that 'WTF?' reaction and reckoned it was better than getting no reaction at all, so it became our badge of honour. :lol:
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I am kinda sorry that I haven't listened to stuff back in 2008. I was probably turned off by the "stoner" tag, sth I couldn't went through at the time. Ah well, live and learn.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Noisenik wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:37 pm I am kinda sorry that I haven't listened to stuff back in 2008. I was probably turned off by the "stoner" tag, sth I couldn't went through at the time. Ah well, live and learn.

The Stoner tag wasn't really all that accurate, but it helped to at least partially describe our riff obsessed approach. I still don't really know how to describe our style of music, but i like to think that that's a good thing.