The Corroseum bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:I can't actually listen well to the myspace bands, that's why I'm not leaving feedback on those.
I'm in the same boat as you Cochino, i get the sound in fits and starts, but my connection makes it impossible to listen properly. :(
Helm

Post by Helm »

bigfootkit wrote:
Cochino wrote:I can't actually listen well to the myspace bands, that's why I'm not leaving feedback on those.
I'm in the same boat as you Cochino, i get the sound in fits and starts, but my connection makes it impossible to listen properly. :(
A good method for these cases is to start the song, and then immediately pause it while it preloads. Go do other things for 5 minutes, then return, unpause it and there should be minimal skipping!
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Sure, but what I mean is that I can't listen to it really paying attention like I would if I'd be in my home.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Helm wrote:Alright I don't usually do this but since I'm seeing positive attitudes all around I guess I'll post a song from my own band. It's not meant for any sort of distribution, but here goes

Music Lyric

A patience for slow music might be required.
Helm, i'm blown away.
That is incredible music.
I've never heard anything like it.
Please, a little background.
Just incredible.

:shock:
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I really wanted to get into Bigfoot, since bigfootkit is a very cool guy, but that style just doesn't agree with me. I can't write an honest review since I don't have a clue about some reference to give, just that sometimes it sort of reminded me of Anthrax's "Sound Of The White Noise" but due to my ignorance in this style of music, that comparission might not be accurate. Something I can say though is that I think you might have a hit song with "Thriving On Nothing" since it got stucked in my head for several days.

About Voltax, it reminded me to classic latin/spanish speed/heavy metal, with very high voices and catchy riffs. But what I liked the most is the part that appears in the middle of the song and then at the end, I don't know if call it chorus or what, but I really liked that riff, which is more aggressive and thrashy than the rest of the song. I just heard one song, but sounds not bad at all.

I heard Helm's band just one time, I'll have to listen to it a few more and then I'll be back with feedback.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:I really wanted to get into Bigfoot, since bigfootkit is a very cool guy, but that style just doesn't agree with me. I can't write an honest review since I don't have a clue about some reference to give, just that sometimes it sort of reminded me of Anthrax's "Sound Of The White Noise" but due to my ignorance in this style of music, that comparission might not be accurate. Something I can say though is that I think you might have a hit song with "Thriving On Nothing" since it got stucked in my head for several days.
Cochino, thanks for giving it a fair chance, i totally appreciate that our music is not for everyone, if it's not your style it's not your style i think.
I do appreciate you taking the time & effort to give it a fair hearing and for your honest comments however, and i apoligise for "Thriving..." getting stuck in your head for several days, that must've been unpleasant.
:lol:
I can't really hear the Anthrax comparison myself, perhaps i'm too close to the music, but as our guitarist is a huge Scott Ian fan, and i an admirer of John Bush's voice (more so in Armored Saint though), we'll take that as a huge compliment, cheers.
:wink:
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Don't worry about "Thriving..." getting stucked in my head, it happened to me with more annoying songs, like a month ago, when for about a week I had that song "Johnny Come Home" (I think it's a Fine Young Cannibals song) stucked in my head. That really sucked.
Stark

bands

Post by Stark »

For those of you who may have missed it ;-)
I am currently in:
OVERDRIVE - www.myspace.com/overdrivesweden
LOCOMOTIVE BREATH - www.myspace.com/locomotivebreathsweden
BALLS - www.myspace.com/ballsfromsweden
CONSTANCIA - www.myspace.com/constanciamusic

I have also recorded stuff with:
PARADIZE - "Caress Of Steel (7")
PLANET ALLIANCE - s/t
ZELLO - "First Chapter, Second Verse"
MOUNTAIN OF POWER - s/t

I've also recorded some demos and live-stuff with TNT (pre-Turbo/Paradize - have a demo where we did Nattens Barn from 1977), OVERHEAT, NICKY MOORE (ex Samson), SIR LORD BALTIMORE
+ a bunch of guest spots with FAITH, BLINDED COLONY, M.O.B, NARNIA, AUDIOVISION, CHRIS CATENA, THALAMUS, VII GATES, SPEARFISH etc.
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:Don't worry about "Thriving..." getting stucked in my head, it happened to me with more annoying songs, like a month ago, when for about a week I had that song "Johnny Come Home" (I think it's a Fine Young Cannibals song) stucked in my head. That really sucked.
Lol, i know exactly what you mean, it happens to me all the time.
I had that stupid "Hard Knocks..." song from the musical "Annie" lodged in my brain for a while last week, god only knows whaere that came from?!!
I think i feel a thread coming on...
:wink:
DaN
Administructor

Re: bands

Post by DaN »

Stark wrote:PARADIZE
Please reform asap 8)
peterott

Post by peterott »

played between 1995-1997 in a Black/Grind/Punk band. The second demo "Infernal Harvest" was recorded in the same place, where Poison (Ger) recorded their first 3 demos. Didn't help the sound though ;)

http://www.geocities.com/peterott/maggot.html

I did put up some MP3-samples. Hopefully you guys don't eat up all my geoshit bandwidth (and I had to put some WAV files there as my diskspace was also close to end). May upload more on request as I have some more diskspace now. If anyone wants ;)
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

the samples of the last demo and slaughtered in pain in d#2 dont sound so bad to be honest.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

ok well slaughtered in pain is that generic tremolo black metal riff no.198 but it's only a demo
GJ

Post by GJ »

Bump this old thread in another severe attack of nostalgia...

Here's two complation tracks my old band recorded in 1992 (pretty weird production, but the songs are alright, another case of "doom-light"?). Oh, and I sung. :?

http://rapidshare.com/files/235105577/Q ... h.rar.html

What do you think?
daniel

Post by daniel »

I've only got round to listening to a few so far...

PEDO; I can understand the want to play music like this, and I've toyed with the idea myself, just that it wouldn't sound like this - and I wouldn't be very serious about it. But ok I'm sorry the music isn't interesting to me, I've heard too many bands like this and they don't give me anything. The production is a bit too lo-fi in that the music isn't really raw enough, like say LEVIATHAN - which IS raw enough.

Helm's band...umm, I can't really stand this sort of music, which is the complete opposite of old metal, in fact it isn't even metal to me, it's pretentious and boring - I'm sure some people find extremity in it, but there is nothing extreme about it, I can imagine people not caring much if this was playing on the radio in a supermarket, but if LIEGE LORD's 'Amnesty' started playing people would freak out and I'd start cracking beers open and jumping around the place - I think the whole concept of what is 'extreme' has become completely confused since the 80's ended. Sorry, but this type of progressive bullshit with lyrics like that and vocals like that really gets on my nerves.

QUICKSAND DREAM; the only thing weird about the production for me is the snare sound... I don't know if the vocals are amazing, but they're certainly NOT bad, and when it comes to Doom Metal I am mostly not a fan of Messiah style vocals, though Lowe on 'Through the Darkest Hour' is perfection, and the vocals here are better than say Matravers or Ingram of SOLSTICE. I really enjoyed the lead section on 'Wings of Suffering' and the ending is -beautiful-. Did you do more stuff? I certainly like this much more than for instance the Swedish SORCERER.

The BALROG demo file has been deleted, I'd like to hear it though, and I couldn't listen to DAWNWATCHER but would like to hear that too.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.