The Corroseum bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Daninsky

Post by Daninsky »

Thanks, glad you enjoy it. Henrik who? Someone I know maybe?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Daninsky wrote:Thanks, glad you enjoy it. Henrik who? Someone I know maybe?
dont know his complete name and im not sure he mentioned knowing the bandmembers...he travels often to southamerica, i met him last year here in Mexico
Daninsky

Post by Daninsky »

Yeah I know him. He's tall right? Don't know his last name but I'm quite sure we're talking about the same guy. Even though I don't know his last name (or ar least I can't remember ever hearing it) I would say we are good friends.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Daninsky wrote:Yeah I know him. He's tall right? Don't know his last name but I'm quite sure we're talking about the same guy. Even though I don't know his last name (or ar least I can't remember ever hearing it) I would say we are good friends.
tall as fukk,indeed thats the one :P
Iscariah

Post by Iscariah »

I play in guitar and do vocals in Dead to this World and we have a new release entitled "Sacrifice" coming out through Vàn Records during early 2011.
www.myspace.com/deadtothisworld

Also I play bass in Amok and we are now mixing our next album called "Exodus Reversal Hex" which we hope to release soon if the right offer stands.
www.nekro.info
MEXDefenderOfSteel

RavenShade

Post by RavenShade »

Hey everyone!

Well i formed Strike Master (along with my good friend Diego AKA "MEXDefenderOfSteel") and played drums there until 2009, i also recorded drums for a swedish/mexican Death Metal band called Dark Creed (just the first EP) and also recorded drums and attempted to sing in Grave Cross...

Now i'm back in my former band Acrania (which is probably not the best band to be promoting over here :roll: ) coz' it's a mix between death metal and latin jazz.

Here are some links if you'd like to check some of these bands out (even though i'm pretty sure some of you might already know Strike Master)

http://listn.to/acraniaofficial
http://www.myspace.com/strikemaster666
http://www.myspace.com/gravecross
http://www.last.fm/music/Darkcreed

If you like any of these i'll be glad to send you some tracks or so...

Cheers!
Maxim

Re: The Corroseum bands

Post by Maxim »

I think it's time to resurrect tho thread a bit...
So here's the "band" (consisting only me on guitars and a drummer at that moment) I play in. We've recorded a couple of instrumental tracks so far and struggling to find additional members (singer and bass player). Anyway if anyone gives a damn I'd be really glad if someone of the local forumers will bother to check this shit out and tell his honest opinion regards the music and tell what does it sound like (similar bands/albums etc.). I know the sound quality sucks but I guess it's listenable enough (especially for those whose ears are used to 80s demos)...

https://soundcloud.com/spiralmachine
And here I uploaded one more song, I didn't include it on soundcloud since we are not satisfied with some drum parts and the ending of the last solo, but overall I think it's our best track of these four:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZVgrODHcp4

Anyway let me know what do you think, I'm really curious.
fengisriprider

Post by fengisriprider »

I have played in several bands over the years. Currently and most long standing band with my oldest friends is Sauron, we play a type of black thrash metal. I played in traditional heavy metal band Borrowed Time, and also a speed metal band called Harbinger. I also serve as Consigliere to my friends band White Magician. Anyone on the message board who wants to do band material swaps please contact me my trade list on the forum and I always carry my friends bands materials for trade as well. I always want to hear more heavy metal from all corners of the world and as long as your trade is fair I will always be up for band for band exchanges! Our band for your band, for me this is the best way to learn about music!
"Without the holy grail, only evil can prevail."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Maxim wrote:I think it's time to resurrect tho thread a bit...
So here's the "band" (consisting only me on guitars and a drummer at that moment) I play in. We've recorded a couple of instrumental tracks so far and struggling to find additional members (singer and bass player). Anyway if anyone gives a damn I'd be really glad if someone of the local forumers will bother to check this shit out and tell his honest opinion regards the music and tell what does it sound like (similar bands/albums etc.). I know the sound quality sucks but I guess it's listenable enough (especially for those whose ears are used to 80s demos)...

https://soundcloud.com/spiralmachine
And here I uploaded one more song, I didn't include it on soundcloud since we are not satisfied with some drum parts and the ending of the last solo, but overall I think it's our best track of these four:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0ZVgrODHcp4

Anyway let me know what do you think, I'm really curious.

I only listened to the first "Spiral Machine" track.

To me it sounds like you ripped off a Black Sabbath riff while adding a psychedelic vibe to it.

Not my thing.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Maxim wrote:Anyway let me know what do you think, I'm really curious.
Hi Maxim, i've only listened to the 1st track so far & only twice, but my initial impression was pretty positive overall.
The guitarwork has a definite 70s, (no bad thing in in my book), and your tone & choice of effects remind me a little of late '70s Frank Marino. The drummer sounds a little tentative at first, but once you settle into the groove he seems to click far better. Really enjoyed the guitar solo, i'm all in favour of proper phrasing instead of the 'look what i can do' 1000-notes-per-second approach. Restraint & feel impress me far more than widdly shredding, and i can't be alone in that.
Personally i'd be tempted to add another riff part, or fling in a tempo change to spice it up a bit, but i'm told my mucial choices can be somewhat schizophrenic. I just felt it was a bit lacking in contrast & dynamics, but that may be down to there only being the two of you playing.
Without bass or vocals it's a bit difficult to tell how exactly the song will flesh out, but there's certainly potential.
If i walked into the rehearsal room & a bandmate presented that as something to work on i'd certainly want to see where we could take it.
Hope you manage to complete your line up soon, and best of luck with it.
Here's a corking Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush track from 1980 which demonstrates some great use of inter-band dynamics and might give you some tonal/FX ideas:
[youtube]qhif4fO7r3E[/youtube]
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
Maxim

Post by Maxim »

bigfootkit wrote:
Hi Maxim, i've only listened to the 1st track so far & only twice, but my initial impression was pretty positive overall.
The guitarwork has a definite 70s, (no bad thing in in my book), and your tone & choice of effects remind me a little of late '70s Frank Marino. The drummer sounds a little tentative at first, but once you settle into the groove he seems to click far better. Really enjoyed the guitar solo, i'm all in favour of proper phrasing instead of the 'look what i can do' 1000-notes-per-second approach. Restraint & feel impress me far more than widdly shredding, and i can't be alone in that.
Personally i'd be tempted to add another riff part, or fling in a tempo change to spice it up a bit, but i'm told my mucial choices can be somewhat schizophrenic. I just felt it was a bit lacking in contrast & dynamics, but that may be down to there only being the two of you playing.
Without bass or vocals it's a bit difficult to tell how exactly the song will flesh out, but there's certainly potential.
If i walked into the rehearsal room & a bandmate presented that as something to work on i'd certainly want to see where we could take it.
Here's a corking Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush track from 1980 which demonstrates some great use of inter-band dynamics and might give you some tonal/FX ideas:
Wow, at first I want to thank you for such a great feedback. Especially on the solo part. I agree with you that this track lacks some dynamics, I myself realized later that this track definitely needs some changes. And I was aiming for the 70s sound so it's nice to hear that it works how it's supposed to.
Frank Marino is a great guitarist, hopefully some day I will be able to play as good as him and that's song you've posted sounds truly amazing. I definitely should get more familiar with Mahogany Rush.

Also thank you Avenger for your feedback too, although your post makes me wonder what Black Sabbath riff I've ripped off :P
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Maxim wrote:
bigfootkit wrote:
Wow, at first I want to thank you for such a great feedback. Especially on the solo part. I agree with you that this track lacks some dynamics, I myself realized later that this track definitely needs some changes. And I was aiming for the 70s sound so it's nice to hear that it works how it's supposed to.
Frank Marino is a great guitarist, hopefully some day I will be able to play as good as him and that's song you've posted sounds truly amazing. I definitely should get more familiar with Mahogany Rush.

Also thank you Avenger for your feedback too, although your post makes me wonder what Black Sabbath riff I've ripped off :P
Sweet Leaf.

If you recite the vocals while listening to your song they even track the same...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Freshly released new stuff from my band (Voltax)

free streaming https://voltax.bandcamp.com/

We tried to put the best elements from the last two albums into this one, finally we are completely happy with the sound and the whole package( cover made by Dimitar Nikolov and layout design made by Annick Giroux), also the best reviews as well as the worst have been coming out, meaning , we finally did something good with this one :lol:
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:Freshly released new stuff from my band (Voltax)

free streaming https://voltax.bandcamp.com/

We tried to put the best elements from the last two albums into this one, finally we are completely happy with the sound and the whole package( cover made by Dimitar Nikolov and layout design made by Annick Giroux), also the best reviews as well as the worst have been coming out, meaning , we finally did something good with this one :lol:
I gave you a good one too, myself (unfortunately written in greek):
https://rockoverdose.gr/portfolio-view/ ... surrender/
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...