The Corroseum bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Bigfoot, thanks for the review, it seems like we've done a nice job, since we're big fans of all the bands you mentioned, so if we were able to remind you at least vaguely to any of those bands I'm proud of it.
This demo was actually recorded live in a garage with only one of those crappy PC microphones that it includes when you buy it. Then two of the solos (songs 3 and 4) and the vocals were added afterwards. About the vocals, is a love it or hate it I suppose, because from people that liked the band I've recieved both extremely positive and negative comments, so...
Still, reading your review felt pretty good, since that was almost the exact reaction we wanted to provoke. (By the way, I'm still listening to your demo, but it takes a few more listenings to really get into it).

And it would be nice to check out Balrog, at least for the comedy value.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

We even made the DJ (well, we DO know him) play this demo at the local pub when it was crowded a month ago or so. :)

Anyway, this is the result of being 13 years old, out of money and has got nothing better to do.

http://rapidshare.com/files/104680275/b ... a.rar.html
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

A few thoughts on the bands I've listened to:

Pessimus: I definitely agree with the Morbid Angel comparisons, especially in the structure of the songs. Good solid death metal but I can see why it got drowned in the deluge of similar bands around at the same time. If that was released today there'd be sections of the underground that would hail it.

Navja: Difficult to judge on the back of live tracks alone, but I like the fact it's raw and straight forward and the fact that it's a 3 piece. I'm pretty much over black metal these days and am not wild for pagan themes but would be interested in seeing the band live with a beer in each hand.

Dawnbringer: Fuck me drunk, that is KILLER. Especially the most recent track, but they're all good. Really powerful, engaging heavy metal that is obviously not trying to copy anyone else. Reminds me of a million bands at different times, but overall sounds like no one in particular. The guitar solos are totally possessing and the use of keys is top class. Not completely sold on some of the clean vocals but they're certainly catchy. Long may the underground continue to unearth modern gems like these.

Couldn't check out the other bands as I don't know how to download music (yep, I'm fuckn old school haha...) but will hopefully hear them around the traps one day.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Professor Black, your dawnbringer material is very worthy of interest. I have heard of you before courtesy of LotFP, but I felt I had to mention it here as well.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Cochino wrote:Bigfoot, thanks for the review, it seems like we've done a nice job, since we're big fans of all the bands you mentioned, so if we were able to remind you at least vaguely to any of those bands I'm proud of it.
This demo was actually recorded live in a garage with only one of those crappy PC microphones that it includes when you buy it. Then two of the solos (songs 3 and 4) and the vocals were added afterwards. About the vocals, is a love it or hate it I suppose, because from people that liked the band I've recieved both extremely positive and negative comments, so...
Still, reading your review felt pretty good, since that was almost the exact reaction we wanted to provoke. (By the way, I'm still listening to your demo, but it takes a few more listenings to really get into it).

And it would be nice to check out Balrog, at least for the comedy value.
Cochino, i can't believe that you recorded the demo in that way, that's really inventive, using new tech to make it sound really lo-fi and brutal. Subversion!! Excellent.
Glad you weren't upset by my review, :wink: , and i was able to pick out some reasonably accurate influences along the way.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Alright I don't usually do this but since I'm seeing positive attitudes all around I guess I'll post a song from my own band. It's not meant for any sort of distribution, but here goes

Music Lyric

A patience for slow music might be required.
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

The might Balrog is a classic;) Probably the worst screams of all times though haha.

Spelled - Metal City Rockers had more potential
JonahQuizz

Post by JonahQuizz »

I can add that I do play drums in a thrash metal band with some heavy metal influences. But who am I to describe our music, listen to it and tell me instead.

www.myspace.com/dividerswe
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

JonahQuizz wrote:The might Balrog is a classic;) Probably the worst screams of all times though haha.

Spelled - Metal City Rockers had more potential
Haha, classic...
Maybe I should upload Metal City Rockers too. ;)
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Just yesterday I was listening to Balrog and is very funny. It would be cool to tell all your friends that you discovered one extremely occult mighty band that no one else knows, and you keep growing and growing the story until one day you say you're gonna show them the band, and then put Blarog and see their faces, haha. Very good stuff, I enjoyed it for being what it is.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I listened to Pessimus a few more times and I don't know what the fuck I was thinking when I said melodic death metal, just forget all about it. But I absolutely nailed it pointing the Morbid Angel influence since it sounds like total MA worship. So, if anybody here is a MA, early Immolation and Angel Corpse fan, then you should check this demo out.

(Bigfoot deeper review coming up soon)
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

sue there is variety in the songs: www.myspace.com/voltax

i dont like the production too much of the long lenght album although i still wasnt there
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Dawn bringer: wow this thing caught me first because of the riffing and the good use of twin guitar sound, i love that, the average speed in here is constant, no slow songs, that makes u not to bore you easily and u can keep listening to it without a prob, vocals, i didnt quiet catch them,although there is an interesting Kilmister-tone here and there...not the kind of band that will sell easily a lot of albums.

Pessimus: I like old-school death metal, iliked how they manage to use lots of good elements of the old-school without making a "copy-paste". At times is hard for me to hook into the songs, cause im not big death metal listener,but as an outsider i can say that this band is not boring at all out of all the millions out there trying there best....

i will chek the other ones later on :)
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

I just downloaded the song from Helm's band. The crappy thing is that since I don't have internet in my house, I can't actually listen well to the myspace bands, that's why I'm not leaving feedback on those.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

dont worry, tell me where i send you a song?...the same to everyone that want them :wink: