Bands everyone loves but you hate

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Mirva wrote:I love Gillan and Dio but Sabbath without Ozzy is completely useless stuff in my opinion.
But the 10000000 billion dollar question is: what about Tony fucking Martin? :wink:
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Mirva

Post by Mirva »

The Erlking wrote:
Mirva wrote:I love Gillan and Dio but Sabbath without Ozzy is completely useless stuff in my opinion.
But the 10000000 billion dollar question is: what about Tony fucking Martin? :wink:
His Sabbath sounds like AOR to me
スピード メタル
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Mirva wrote:
The Erlking wrote:
Yeah right, I find it even more lighthearted myself, more like pop music.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Mirva wrote:
The Erlking wrote:
70's and 80's Sabbath are completely different bands in my opinion.

The only thing they really share is the moniker.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
hload

Post by hload »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Mirva wrote:
The Erlking wrote:
yes, they were major hits in all european discos.....
GJ

Post by GJ »

hload wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:
Mirva wrote: His Sabbath sounds like AOR to me
yes, they were major hits in all european discos.....
I always mix up those album with my vast Enya collection.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Hey guys I think that's enough :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Martin era Sabbath is fantastic stuff, especially on Tyr and Headless Cross, and Tony Martin is a top, top vocalist.
Deathrasher

Post by Deathrasher »

The endless debate. Sabbath rules whoever the singer is, even Martin. Headless Cross is a fucking great album! I have to say that I've heard some very amusing claims about this topic, a friend of mine even prefers Never Say Die over Mob Rules...
hload

Post by hload »

pan_Heathen wrote:Martin era Sabbath is fantastic stuff, especially on Tyr and Headless Cross, and Tony Martin is a top, top vocalist.
personally, i only love sabbath with tony martin(and some dio stuff).
Mirva

Post by Mirva »

Deathrasher wrote:The endless debate. Sabbath rules whoever the singer is, even Martin. Headless Cross is a fucking great album! I have to say that I've heard some very amusing claims about this topic, a friend of mine even prefers Never Say Die over Mob Rules...

The fans of "new" Sabbath usually complain about the last 2 Ozzy-era albums... I think that Technical Ecstasy is a great album and the title track on NSD beats any song on Mob Rules!
スピード メタル
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

hload wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:Martin era Sabbath is fantastic stuff, especially on Tyr and Headless Cross, and Tony Martin is a top, top vocalist.
personally, i only love sabbath with tony martin(and some dio stuff).
I was close to making this kind of statement myself, but didn't want to go over the line ;) I highly respect Sabbath with Ozzy and Dio, but love Sabbath with Martin. That is because I was never really into the slow/dark side of the heavy metal realm. I also prefer Ozzy solo career to his work with Black Sabbath.
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Nevermore - I can't for the life of me stand their pretentious, whiny, kind-of pussy whipped style of music.

Most people think I am crazy.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
Rick

Post by Rick »

Well I don't.
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

N.W.O.O.F.G.M. wrote:Nevermore - I can't for the life of me stand their pretentious, whiny, kind-of pussy whipped style of music.

Most people think I am crazy.
I think the guitar work is worth gawping at...but that's about it for me. They have a song with 'Dragon' in the title but it's probably metaphorical and that's a real hard-on queller.
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails