FUTURE TENSE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

FUTURE TENSE

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fuckin' cool MLP. Tormenting evil heavy metal that will chill your blood. ''Sword of vengeance'' is utterly unique- a sick, paranoid, torturing piece of wicked metal. That vocal distortion is creepy, fuckin' creepy indeed. "Go to hell" stinks VENOM from 100 miles. Same thing goes for "Evil attack'' which also has a riff somewhere in the middle which is very similar to OVERKILL's ''Feel the fire" super-anthem, great and filthy metal the way it should be. The vocals might sound a bit ''colourless'', but i think they fit with whole feeling that ''Condemned to the gallow'' wants to deliver. Surely one of the better bands of Holland. 8 1/2 / 10
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I love this band to death. The mLP is a milestone in the musical history of Holland. 5 swords for "Condemned to the Gallow"
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I couldn't agree more. Everything falls into place on this one, the production, the "colorless" (as in BLACK!) vocals, the Doom, the Speed, the artwork. Evil Metal! :twisted:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The more i listen to it the more i like it. Awesome! I fucked my head the day before trying to remember what the hell reminded me the chorus of ''Evil attack''. I can now say that is similar to the godly vocal style of IRON CROSS (the OPM band). A more attentive listen to "Demon's diciple'' can prove my point. Hell fuckin' yeah! Image
doomedplanet

Re: FUTURE TENSE

Post by doomedplanet »

great to see such a cool comment on the MLP I rereleased. No mention of the demo tape "Battle of Metal" though????
ION BRITTON wrote:Fuckin' cool MLP. Tormenting evil heavy metal that will chill your blood. ''Sword of vengeance'' is utterly unique- a sick, paranoid, torturing piece of wicked metal. That vocal distortion is creepy, fuckin' creepy indeed. "Go to hell" stinks VENOM from 100 miles. Same thing goes for "Evil attack'' which also has a riff somewhere in the middle which is very similar to OVERKILL's ''Feel the fire" super-anthem, great and filthy metal the way it should be. The vocals might sound a bit ''colourless'', but i think they fit with whole feeling that ''Condemned to the gallow'' wants to deliver. Surely one of the better bands of Holland. 8 1/2 / 10
The Sentinel

Re: FUTURE TENSE

Post by The Sentinel »

doomedplanet wrote:great to see such a cool comment on the MLP I rereleased. No mention of the demo tape "Battle of Metal" though????
ION BRITTON wrote:Fuckin' cool MLP. Tormenting evil heavy metal that will chill your blood. ''Sword of vengeance'' is utterly unique- a sick, paranoid, torturing piece of wicked metal. That vocal distortion is creepy, fuckin' creepy indeed. "Go to hell" stinks VENOM from 100 miles. Same thing goes for "Evil attack'' which also has a riff somewhere in the middle which is very similar to OVERKILL's ''Feel the fire" super-anthem, great and filthy metal the way it should be. The vocals might sound a bit ''colourless'', but i think they fit with whole feeling that ''Condemned to the gallow'' wants to deliver. Surely one of the better bands of Holland. 8 1/2 / 10
That whole rerelease is gold, really, that demo is incredible too :D
Long Live The Loud !!!
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

One word: SPLENDID.
ironchains

Post by ironchains »

AMAZING RELEASE! got my copy and i would say: everything is perfect except but the lyrics sheet. lyrics are written in small size and sometimes is hard to see it because background is too dark (maybe could be just my copy), also sheet has just one printed side. but record and music is good, good choice for re-release
Ebony_Eyes

Post by Ebony_Eyes »

since Doomed Planet released it...then you know that it must be a qualitative work :D
tomas2

Post by tomas2 »

Fuckin' great metal! The demo + the EP are on a tape in my car. It's on high rotation. Definitely in the list 'most played in my car', two or three places below 'Crystal Logic'.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

revisiting this one tonight, certainly one of the best. the singers accent is unintentionally hilarious sometimes

"condomed to the gallows, hatred and fear
scream for mercy cuz your dad is coming near"
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

khiijol wrote:revisiting this one tonight, certainly one of the best. the singers accent is unintentionally hilarious sometimes

"condomed to the gallows, hatred and fear
scream for mercy cuz your dad is coming near"
He also has a great accent, this kind of vocals (+John Arch) are my favourites
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

khiijol wrote:
" condomed to the gallows"
:lol: He's wearing a rubber during the hanging?
Long Live The Loud !!!
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

This band is amazing. i didn't like the demo that much though, except the track "Battle Of Metal" which is my absolute favorite track from this band!

The greatest thing is that I'll be interviewing the bass player for the next issue of my 'zine!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I just noticed this comment. Unfortunately I agree with you, I fucked up on the insert, it came out too dark, but it wasn't supposed to be that way. Unfortunately to print a nice insert like that added $600 to the cost of the release and I was hugely disappointed. I don't think I even made my money back with this release.
ironchains wrote:AMAZING RELEASE! got my copy and i would say: everything is perfect except but the lyrics sheet. lyrics are written in small size and sometimes is hard to see it because background is too dark (maybe could be just my copy), also sheet has just one printed side. but record and music is good, good choice for re-release