Mysto Dysto

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
snaps666

Mysto Dysto

Post by snaps666 »

I know the LP is going for lots of $$$, but what about the demos? Are they just as impossible to get hold of?

And were they ever bootleged in any way? CD or vinyl? ... I know there's 2 of the "No Aids In Hell" tracks on the re-release of "The Rules..." on Rusty Cage.

Ah, and I'm ofcourse also interested in the original LP, but aint we all.. :lol:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Did the band agree with the release of that RCR reissue?
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

I think so... As far as I remember, it says on their site, that all questions and communication to and about the band must go through that label...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

snaps666 wrote:I think so... As far as I remember, it says on their site, that all questions and communication to and about the band must go through that label...
What site? I only know of a myspace, but I don't know if that's run by the band or label/fan.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Ahh, can see I didn't write that very clear :lol:

The label site that is...

I found it:

http://www.rustycagerecords.com/label/c ... w/424/216/
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

snaps666 wrote:Ahh, can see I didn't write that very clear :lol:

The label site that is...

I found it:

http://www.rustycagerecords.com/label/c ... w/424/216/
I'm not one for trusting that label, so information on their website doesn't mean a thing to me.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Black Axe wrote: I'm not one for trusting that label
The truth is that those CD reissues were a bit ''minimalistic'', and nowadays you can't be 100% sure for 99% of the cases (i have bought the MD CD), so i can't tell... What is it that makes you so suspicious for the label anyway?
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

I have no experience with the label, so I wouldn't know anything about it. But any info would be great!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Black Axe wrote: I'm not one for trusting that label
The truth is that those CD reissues were a bit ''minimalistic'', and nowadays you can't be 100% sure for 99% of the cases (i have bought the MD CD), so i can't tell... What is it that makes you so suspicious for the label anyway?
The contracts they offer aren't so good for the artists and they don't always ask for permission for their releases. So unless I read that the bandmember(s) who own the rights agree with the release on that label I won't by it.
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

If you care for legit releases and try avoiding bootlegs, thats fine. But dont get to paranoid about it, it will spoil your fun.
We praise the blood that metal brings
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I always got the impression RCR were legit. I think one of the guys running it is an old LWSInc member with many old friends in the Dutch scene, but I could be wrong. I agree they are a bit minimalistic, but they sell them really cheap, so it can't all be for profitable reasons.

If you listen closely to the MYSTO DYSTO cd on RCR you can hear it has been mastered from an LP, but it could be that the original mastertapes were lost.

The "No Aids In Hell" demo seem to have sold pretty well back in the days, at least judging by how often you see it on old tapetrading lists and how many good rips of it are out there. My guess is it's not totally impossible to find an original. The 2 songs which turned up on the CD were the ones who never got rerecorded for the MANDATOR-albums.

Ha, I once found the LP for about $10 in one of Stockholm's most heavily profiled "collector stores" (Mellotronen). Metal fan 1 - greedy prog collectors 0 :lol:
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well the man behind Rusty Cage records is Remco, drummer of Defender, so they aren't boots. Or at least Defender isn't :D
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Thanx for the info DaN, I got an original No Aids in hell demo, was just wondering if it was as rare as the vinyl.

I must admit I never heard Mysto Dysto before I got this demo, I've known about them for years, but since I'm not at all into cdr trading, MP3 stuff etc, I never had the chance. Was totaly blown away - totaly killer demo!
But now I've ordered the CD from RCR, and hunting the vinyl (and the first demo).
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

sovdat wrote:Well the man behind Rusty Cage records is Remco, drummer of Defender, so they aren't boots. Or at least Defender isn't :D
Yeah, Defender isn't a boot, but the Jewel album is. And I'm pretty sure there are more. I read a message from another band who weren't happy with their RCR release/didn't agree with it, but I can't find that message anymore.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

snaps: they continued as MANDATOR and those 2 albums are pretty easy to come by. If you enjoyed the demo you should pick them up.