Your favourite demos

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

ChildOfTheDamned wrote:But Sweet Sister Sam have released like 3 demos and a livetape in a very short period of time,I'm on the way to get those babies.
This may sound greedy, but I WANT THEM ALL! :lol: Let us know how they sound when you get them, ok?
Also,if anyone has the French Kiss tape that Benito did before Heir Apparent,I could pay even for mp3s of that!

Seconded. Many songs on OSV were brought from French Kiss, it must be very interesting material for sure!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ChildOfTheDamned

Post by ChildOfTheDamned »

I wouldn't say "many",as far as I can remember,only "Screamin'" was from that FK tape.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

"Alone Again" too. And "Two Hearts" from Triad i think. OK, not that much really, "Screaming" and "Two Hearts" are amazing, i'm wondering if the rest of the material is in this vein...

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DMR

Post by DMR »

Professor Black wrote:
DMR wrote:Garden of Shadows - Heart of the Corona (one of my favorite death metal recordings)
And so much better than their full-length. Are you familiar with Forty Days Longing and their demo "Head of the Demon"?
I think Garden's full-length is great, but Heart of the Corona is a lot better. I've tried looking for Forty Days Longing's demo but I never found it.
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Sinoath's 'Forged in Blood' is a really killer mysterious death metal demo tape.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Regarding the Heir Apparent/Sweet Sister Sam issue. That's taken from Fifth Angel's site:
Once Fifth Angel split, both Bechtel and Macko continued to pursue music (as did Mary and Byrd), while Pilot and Archer left the music scene for careers in dentistry and technology, respectively.

Other than Byrd, who has a number of solo albums to his credit, Bechtel has been the most active in music. Fans of fellow Seattle metal act Queensrÿche, may recall the band Sweet Sister Sam that opened for Queensrÿche during the Northwest leg of its 1991-1992 world tour in support of Empire. That band was the brainchild of Kendall Bechtel.

Explaining how Sweet Sister Sam formed, Bechtel said that once he heard singer Steve Benito sing for Heir Apparent, he called him up and convinced him that they should work together and the rest just fell into place.

"I knew a drummer at the time named Mike Tapogna and he knew a bass player," Bechtel recalled. "I then got Randy Gain (who used to play with the band Myth and also with Queensrÿche on its Rage for Order tour) on keyboards."
I e-mailed them some questions too, let's see if we can get some more info on that band...

The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

some others:

OMEGA POINT: Infinte Rhyme demo
AMULANCE: The Rage Within demo
SAVAGE THRUST: Demo Of Doom
WARGOD: demo 1985
MAX PLANCK demo
OBLIVION KNIGHT demo
SOLAR EAGLE demo
Long Live The Loud !!!
msp

Post by msp »

I come from more of a death metal/black metal background and although I have not traded for about five years now, the below I remember being rather enjoyable. There are probably lots of others that I can't remember

Anathema - All Faith is Lost Demo 1991
Carcass - Flesh Ripping Sonic Torment Demo 1987
Carnage - The Day Man Lost Demo 1989
Destruction - Bestial Invasion of Hell Demo 1983
Depravity - Phantasmagoria Demo 1993
Dr Shrinker - Wedding the Grotesque Demo 1989
Dr Shrinker - The Eponym - Demo 1990
Macrodex - Infernal Excess Demo 1992
Nihilist - Only Shreads Remain Demo 1989
Nirvana 2002 - Disembodies Spirits Demo 1991
Sindrome - Into The Halls Of Extermination demo
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

NECROVORE, HELL, NIHILIST, NIGRO MANTIA, VOMIT, JONAH QUIZZ to name a few.
splat66

Post by splat66 »

ION BRITTON wrote:Regarding the Heir Apparent/Sweet Sister Sam issue. That's taken from Fifth Angel's site:
Once Fifth Angel split, both Bechtel and Macko continued to pursue music (as did Mary and Byrd), while Pilot and Archer left the music scene for careers in dentistry and technology, respectively.

Other than Byrd, who has a number of solo albums to his credit, Bechtel has been the most active in music. Fans of fellow Seattle metal act Queensrÿche, may recall the band Sweet Sister Sam that opened for Queensrÿche during the Northwest leg of its 1991-1992 world tour in support of Empire. That band was the brainchild of Kendall Bechtel.

Explaining how Sweet Sister Sam formed, Bechtel said that once he heard singer Steve Benito sing for Heir Apparent, he called him up and convinced him that they should work together and the rest just fell into place.

"I knew a drummer at the time named Mike Tapogna and he knew a bass player," Bechtel recalled. "I then got Randy Gain (who used to play with the band Myth and also with Queensrÿche on its Rage for Order tour) on keyboards."
I e-mailed them some questions too, let's see if we can get some more info on that band...
I've just received this demo from a friend. Anyone here know for sure which name they were using?

Also, I've narrowed the track titles down as this:
1. ?
2. When Will The Morning Come
3. Shakin' It Up
4. Sweet City Child

Anyone know what the title of the first track is? Or if my titles of the other 3 are correct?
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

Casbah
Pontius Prophet
Devastation (Chicago)
Terminal Death
Sindrome
Death Strike
Pentagram (CHI)
Dr. Shrinker
Nihilist
Nirvana 2002
Morbid Angel ("Thy Kingdom Come")

and so many more...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

splat66 wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Regarding the Heir Apparent/Sweet Sister Sam issue. That's taken from Fifth Angel's site:

I've just received this demo from a friend. Anyone here know for sure which name they were using?

1. ?
3. Shakin' It Up
4. Sweet City Child

Anyone know what the title of the first track is? Or if my titles of the other 3 are correct?
I had contacted Bechtel awhile back- it's a HEIR APPARENT demo.

The tracks i have are:

1. Shakin' It Up
2. Sweet City Child
3. Matter Over Mind
4. When Will The Morning Come

splat66

Post by splat66 »

ION BRITTON wrote:
splat66 wrote:

1. ?
3. Shakin' It Up
4. Sweet City Child

I had contacted Bechtel awhile back- it's a HEIR APPARENT demo.

The tracks i have are:

1. Shakin' It Up
2. Sweet City Child
3. Matter Over Mind
4. When Will The Morning Come
Awesome man, thank you!!!
Mazez

Post by Mazez »

I don't have enough room here to tell you guys my favorite demos. There are way too many. Like I said, that's almost all that I listen to.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

So many....
DEATH Demo 10/84
DEATH: "infernal death"demo 3/85
DECAPITATION"killing the innocents"demo 85
MUTILATED:Demo 4/88
INCUBUS:Demo 4/87
SINDROME:both demos
DEATH STRIKE:Demo 85
ABBATOIR:Demo 83
SCEPTRE:Demo 83 (hard to top this one!)