Bulgarian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Bulgarian Metal

Post by Fucking Åmål »

The last months i am listening too much from this country.Every band that i've heard is superb.
So far i've heard only Ahat,Impulse,Epizod,Er Malak,Iceberg

Other recommendations views about metal from this country(i will travel there in some months).
ZOMBIE

Post by ZOMBIE »

Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I have heard near to nothin. Though I have heard great words about er malak now, any chance for a upload? That would be great.

I need to get more knowledge about the "exotic" metal out there!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I have heard near to nothin. Though I have heard great words about er malak now, any chance for a upload? That would be great.

Please, no uploads of Er Malak, they are active and the CD re-issues of both 1991 and 1994 albums are in circulation and available.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

ZOMBIE wrote:Try these guys:
http://ricari.hit.bg/index.html
KNIGHTS OF FIRE with their tape album "Unreality" released in 1994 and including various songs recorded between 1988 and 1994.

they were okay. Had some cool songs, but also some hardcorish influences I dont particularly like.

From this type of power/thrash bands I'd always prefer COMATOSE, SIDER, CRASH, or even 17 XII
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I have heard near to nothin. Though I have heard great words about er malak now, any chance for a upload? That would be great.

Try Ahat they are the best Bulgarian band and as godly as it gets.
http://www.metalrus.ru/plug-e-files-c-ahat_pohodt.html

Fuck these guys rule they are from the 80's and so unknown even not listed in M-A.How do you find them?
Any infos about them.They are simply great didn't expected this.Thanx.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Fucking Åmål wrote:

Fuck these guys rule they are from the 80's and so unknown even not listed in M-A.How do you find them?
Any infos about them.They are simply great didn't expected this.Thanx.
Of course they are listed, I told you above their name is KNIGHTS OF FIRE: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=7151
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

Check out: the Era/Concurrent split, Dr. Doolittle, Er Malak(a) :lol: , Trotyl, Axat, Impulse (!!!).

There would be a lot more obscure lesser known bands that Stormspell could recommend.

Where are you going Fucking Åmål? Sofia?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Astaroth wrote:Er Malak(a) :lol: ,
There would be a lot more obscure lesser known bands that Stormspell could recommend.

Where are you going Fucking Åmål? Sofia?
Er Malaka :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes probably Sofia with a friend who has been also to Plovdiv before.My parents were for some days in Sofia last year but at that time i was too bored to follow them.
That Era/Concurrent EP is interesting do you guys have it?
Impulse was a famous band in bulgaria during the late 80's?Because i have heard that they were behaving like rock stars or something like that.

Do you guys Stormspell and Astaroth went to see Stormwitch(THE band) live in 80's in Bulgaria.
How much did they played there,once or more?

Ahat were famous back in the 80's?
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

Yeah I have that Era/Concurrent another Balkanton classic. Impulse is really great, took me a while to find that Gladiator LP though. Never heard about their rockstar attitude though. Maybe bateto Stormspell can answer this?

When I went to Sofia in the late 80's I was running around Ende Kato in my Mickey Mouse shirt so no, I didn't go to see Stormwitch.

I think you'd like Sofia, you should gp to some of the Black sea towns. Megalw poutanario re :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Astaroth wrote:Megalw poutanario re :D
Haha, tetoia lege ki anevainw ki egw sta kapakia! :D
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
wom

Post by wom »

Some songs are missing but still ... great band.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Do you guys Stormspell and Astaroth went to see Stormwitch(THE band) live in 80's in Bulgaria.
How much did they played there,once or more?
I was serving my mandatory military duty stuck on some shitty military base 300km away from Sofia and couldnt go see Stormwitch - a miss I still mourn coz Stormwitch are top 3 fav band ever for me!

Stormwitch and Talion were opening for C.C. Catch that night in Sofia :lol: I dont think they appealed to the main audience very good, haha

AHAT were big live back in the day. Unfortunately their lead guitarist and songwriter (Bojo Glavev) became a born-again christian, went to seminary and became priest... since his departure AHAT havent written a single good song, and had become joke of themselves releasing best offs based on their one and only album, and making national tours every year with the same 10 songs :lol:

AHAT in their glory:

AHAT nowadays, visiting Bojo Glavev at his monastery:

Knights of Fire (Ricari na Oganya) were from Plovdiv

IMPULSE were a fake band from the start. They were a very old band, dating back from 70s playing hard rock - mostly stolen songs from Purple, etc. as most of the Bulgarian bands did back in the day. Then in the 80s they stole an Iron Maiden song and scored a big hit with it on TV, so they decided to become "heavy metal" - fired their vocalist (he wasnt metal enough I guess), got leather jackets and hairspray and became the biggest Bulgarian metal band :). So metal they became, stole bunch of songs from Racer X and recorded the famous "gladiator" LP. They couldnt find a metal enough drummer too, so used drum-machine :)

Five years later they recorded a second album, called Naughty Girl in 1994 I still have 5-6 tapes of this "masterpiece" piled somewhere in my stock room. There is a football song dedicated to Stoichkov on this tape called GOAL GOAL GOAL which destroys me every time I hear it :lol:

They have disbanded since, with their singer Vesko Marinov becoming one of the biggest CHALGA POP-FOLK stars of the current Bulgarian scene :lol:
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

If you ever unearth those Impulse tapes with the GOAL GOAL GOAL track I'd love to hear it for comedy purposes alone. Is it similar to the Ricky Martin Ole Ole Ole song? :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.bulgariancds.com/c/sl-e/mid- ... rinov.html

Almost didn't recognize him with his hair. Stormspell perhaps you can rerelease some of his chalga hits? :lol:
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Astaroth wrote:Megalw poutanario re :D
Haha, tetoia lege ki anevainw ki egw sta kapakia! :D
haha wraia, den iksara pou eisai ki esi ellinas, pou meneis?