Rex Inferi

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Lindell

Rex Inferi

Post by Lindell »

I received their "The damage has been done" Mini-LP some days ago and I'm really blown away by this fantastic piece of HEAVY MEDAL!
That Maidenseque twin guitar part in "Warriors of the sea" almost makes me cry! Every song has its special 'magical' feel I think.

I'm looking for their "Like a hurricane" LP. Does anyone know where to get the 180gr. version? And how is this album compared to "The damage has been done"?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I've only heard the MLP and I must say I was a bit disappointed. The music was good, solid Metal but not quite up there with the very high Italian standard, and the vocals was way below average. The "new" LP is supposed to be better though. Can't help you with locating it I'm afraid.
Lindell

Post by Lindell »

Well, I somewhat agree with you regarding the vocals. That's their weakest point I think (right up there with the production, hehe), but I got used to them quite fast and the songs are so fantastic it almost doesn't affect the entirety.

Anyone heard their demo? Does it feature some songs not included on the Mini-LP?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Lindell wrote:Well, I somewhat agree with you regarding the vocals. That's their weakest point I think (right up there with the production, hehe), but I got used to them quite fast and the songs are so fantastic it almost doesn't affect the entirety.

Anyone heard their demo? Does it feature some songs not included on the Mini-LP?
The Mini-Lp is average IMO. Epic songtitles, rough NWOBHM-ish metal musically, but the vocals are not good indeed. It could have been better with another vocalist, however i still believe that we are not dealing with top-notch songwriting skills in this one.

The Like a hurricane LP is way better. At least they found a suitable vocalist, who is one of the best of the Italian scene without having that heavy italian accent. It's in the same epic mood as the Mini, more powerful though. If you found the Mini excellent, you'll be blown away by the LP. Cool but not great LP IMO.

I have heard the demo as well. It's in the same vein with the Mini yet i can't recall if it included any unreleased tracks.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Yeah, "Like an Hurricane" is better than "Damage is done", better playing and vocals, even when the stuff is a bit more commercial or accesible. Great stuff