Best Gigs

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Metal:
ROOT - Czech Rep, 2002
ARIA - Berlin, 2003
MORBID ANGEL - Malmö, 2005
BLACK SABBATH - Prague, 2005
JUDAS PRIEST - Riga, 2006
KIPELOV - Riga, 2006

Not so metal:
GUNS N' ROSES - Stockholm, 1993
TURBONEGRO - Hamburg, 2005
HELLACOPTERS - Lund, 2003
Fun records
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

I liked gigs of Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Doro, Motorhead, Torr, Tankard, Holy Moses, Grave Digger, Kreator,...
Kelly

Post by Kelly »

Anthrax at SRF 2005, maybe not so obscure but it was atleast a great show!
Without evil there could be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Kreator
Anthrax
Slayer
Darkness
Celtic Frost
Mortal Sin
Sepultura
Kataklysm
+ + +
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

http://www.up-the-hammers.gr/frameset.htm

Look at the bands section.Is this live real?

PILEDRIVER!!!!!
ADRAMELCH
DEFENDER
IRONSWORD
TWISTED TOWER DIRE
HOLY MARTYR

all these at a club festival?Great i can't wait from now...
peterott

Post by peterott »

Slayer '92 in Mannheim w.Black Sabbath/Helloween/Iron Maiden. Insanity reigned...

Samael / Grave / Massacra in 1994. What a killer concert, and Samael/Grave ruled for the last time plus Massacra was already sucking (well, Grave has resurrected...)

Bolt Thrower / Sentenced '95 in Stuttgart. I could not move my head for four days after the concert. BT ruled with Marin v.Drunen on vocals. If I remember correctly the last time with the complete World Eater.

Marduk/Enslaved which played the day after the BT/Sentenced concert. Oh man, I could only watch the bands as my neck was already stiff... but Marduk were at the peak in '95.

Dismember/Dissection in '95. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Cradle Of Filth, Ancient Rites, Opressor, Vader, Malevolent Creation in '96. Strange mix, but all the bands basically were at the beginning here. 100 people and a hell of a party when each band played.

Desaster / Zemial / Dark Fortress '03. Awesome, awesome, awesome...

Dismember/Entombed/Unleashed/Grave in '06. Yeah, what a Master's Of Death night.

I somehow wonder that my entry-cards which are hanging on my wall were mainly from the 90es, while only some few are from this decade. In order to save money those nicely designed entry-cards are completly gone.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

I just cannot fucking believe it. HYDRA is going to play a reunion gig here in Stockholm later this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hydra, who made the song that makes your blood wanna rush downtown!!! CROSS OF IRON!!!!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Dirty Rocker wrote:I just cannot fucking believe it. HYDRA is going to play a reunion gig here in Stockholm later this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hydra, who made the song that makes your blood wanna rush downtown!!! CROSS OF IRON!!!!
Killer news. Source? Any clue as to when this will happen.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

"HYDRA reuniongig kommer att ske sommar 2007, förmodligen i Jakobsberg."
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

peterott wrote: I somehow wonder that my entry-cards which are hanging on my wall were mainly from the 90es, while only some few are from this decade. In order to save money those nicely designed entry-cards are completly gone.
yes good point, there is nothing left for the collector anymore!

even more annoying than not having a ticket to get into a show is when you do get one but have to hand it over upon entry and because you are too trashed at the end of the night you don't remember to get it back at the end of the show.
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

Yeah, those Hydra news still shocks me. It's unbelievable. That will be an evening to remember! :D

Worth to mention can also be that they have one new song too. It's called Der Totenkopf. I really hope that it won't be a bad one...
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

http://www.myspace.com/666hydra666

Visit that MySpace adress and listen to one of the best songs ever made. I can't get enough of "Cross of Iron". It's easily one of the ten best songs ever made.