Killer Fox

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Killer Fox

Post by Fucking Åmål »

After reading the Metal Enterprises special i had the curiosity to hear Killer Fox.So recently i have just picked up their both albums on vinyl.I wonder what's your opinion about this band.As for me i can't really tell.I can't call it a crap the most suitable tag will be ''HAVE A GOOD TIME CULT''.1)I worship totally the Orgasm Of Death cover :lol: 2)the corpsepaint of the band for the year of 1987 is quite strange and also the super long hair of the band members is strange 2)i think it is a parody for the latter Early Black Metal Wave don't you think so?3)the vocals are like Hitler is trying to sing Black Metal!!!4)the music contains some very strange cuts and tunes and sometimes these are interesting.4)The vocals in some introductions are similar to the ones Of Demon's Gate in Epicus.5)Really this band came from Germany?6)I have seen it on CD,Metal Enterprises released orgasm of death in 1990 also on CD Formaat.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I think they were American, but I'm not entirely sure. The original "Going Under" was a private release (with the band name spelled KILLER FOXX) with a different cover. It was reviewed and depicted on the old Metal Treasures site, but for some reason this review never made the transfer to Metalpage.

The band who actually recorded "Going Under" has absolutely nothing to do with the recording of "Orgasm Of Death" though. This is a pure metalploitation release made by the ME label guys. If you 'enjoy' OOD you should check out the 2nd THRASH QUEEN LP (once again it had nothing to do with the girls who recorded "Manslayer"), the 2nd FUCKER LP and the 2nd KALASHNIKOV LP - they all sound pretty much the same, i.e. simply awful but highly entertaining!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I don't understand why these later second releases had nothing to do with the line-up who recorded the first one?Were a product of Metal Enterprises and was it for money(althought i don't believe someone can make money from albums such as Orgasm Of Death).Going Under Lp was not i think under the name of Killer Foxx but under the Killer Fox.There was also a band from USA called KILLERFOXX with the album All You Can(1986).
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

According to Rockdetector the album was first called "The Night" (this is the one I think I've seen reviewed), then it got re-released as "All you can eat" after 2 of the members died in a car acciden. This could be a misstake as far as the title goes and might refer to the ME "Going Under" release. In any case it has the same tracklist and should in all likelyhood be the same album.

As to WHY Metal Enterprises chose to re-release this and then record a fake follow-up I have no fucking clue. These kind of mysteries are what fascinates me about the label. They truly were 'The-label-that-should-not-be' :shock:
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:According to Rockdetector the album was first called "The Night" (this is the one I think I've seen reviewed), then it got re-released as "All you can eat" after 2 of the members died in a car acciden. This could be a misstake as far as the title goes and might refer to the ME "Going Under" release. In any case it has the same tracklist and should in all likelyhood be the same album.

As to WHY Metal Enterprises chose to re-release this and then record a fake follow-up I have no fucking clue. These kind of mysteries are what fascinates me about the label. They truly were 'The-label-that-should-not-be' :shock:
Yes i have checked that in Rockdetector.But if two of the band members were killed in a car accident how in the backcover of orgasm of death it refers to the same names and has the same picture as in the Going Under/Night/All You Can Eat LP?Really a mystery.That's Metal :D Enterprises after all...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The pics on "Going Under" and "Orgasm Of Death" is from the same session and probably old ones. Perhaps Ingo & co. thought it would be easy to rip off a band where half the members were dead? Graverobbing = Metal?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:The pics on "Going Under" and "Orgasm Of Death" is from the same session and probably old ones. Perhaps Ingo & co. thought it would be easy to rip off a band where half the members were dead? Graverobbing = Metal?
Yes it is very sick and funny in the same time.Other such strange things from Metal Enterprises? :o
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Apart from the dying the story seems to be the same with THRASH QUEEN. I've read somewhere about an early Landslyde-pressing of the "Manslayer" debut, but it could be a misunderstanding since the Landslyde label is credited as contact address on the ME version.

They definitely were a real band though. I read an old interview with them in a very early issue of Slayer Mag (one of the first Norwegian ones) ages ago. The female vocalist who sings on the fake 2nd THRASH QUEEN lp is the same gal with a heavy german accent (TQ were American) who sings on JAY JAY TULL, 2nd KALASHNIKOV and possibly more ME titles.
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

Fukkin' hell "Orgasm of Death" is a pure JEWEL on my shelves. Great albums come and go... but to have an album so weird.... uhhhh...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Yes you are right.I think meanwhile that Going Under/Night/All You Can Eat LP is total CRAP.Orgasm Of Death on contrary can be heard with pleasure for various reasons... :?
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

Azaras wrote:Fukkin' hell "Orgasm of Death" is a pure JEWEL on my shelves. Great albums come and go... but to have an album so weird.... uhhhh...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dammit, you guys have got me obsessed with hearing this album, hehe. If someone could upload it when the MP3 forum goes online, it would be much appreciated.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

xr2m wrote: Dammit, you guys have got me obsessed with hearing this album, hehe. If someone could upload it when the MP3 forum goes online, it would be much appreciated.
Yes it is indeed a great subject for MP3 request,maybe a compilation of MUST to hear tracks of the Metal Enterprises(what you're saying Dan).Also i have posted a photo On the Metal Archives band site and have added some info check there http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=37161
also i have submitted the predecessor(?) band Killer Foxx(i hope it will submitted).
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Fucking Åmål wrote:maybe a compilation of MUST to hear tracks of the Metal Enterprises(what you're saying Dan).
It will happen. I need to rip the vinyls first though. I've been thinking about making a "Worst Of M.E." mix CDR for a while now. Maybe I should design a cover as well and upload it all as a package? "Corroseum Records 001"?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

DaN wrote:
Fucking Åmål wrote:maybe a compilation of MUST to hear tracks of the Metal Enterprises(what you're saying Dan).
It will happen. I need to rip the vinyls first though. I've been thinking about making a "Worst Of M.E." mix CDR for a while now. Maybe I should design a cover as well and upload it all as a package? "Corroseum Records 001"?
Great idea i think most of the members of this board are curious to hear some Metalploitation.
I wonder how rockdetector.com knows that the Killer Fox band members were killed in a car accident i made for some hour googling but i never found something special about Killer Fox or about the accident.Any idea? :?: :?