Lazarus Sin

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Lazarus Sin

Post by ION BRITTON »

Has anyone heard their Intracranial Mass CD? I had read/heard some very good comments about it, but sadly it's not what i expected. It's supposed to be great US metal compared to the great bands of the genre- that's what i had read. However, i found the band being very boring at times (unjustifiably long tracks is the main reason) while most of their ideas lacked in coherence and i really couldn't figure out what exactly they were trying to play. Power metal? Epic? Heavy? The singer, whose voice sounds sometimes like M.Shelton's and sometimes like B.Lackey's of Psychotic Waltz fame, would undeniably fit much better in a 100% epic band. In Lazarus Sin i don't know. I can't call it crap, not even bad in fact, but it hasn't got that something that would make Intracranial Mass a stand out. I'm pretty sure that many die-hard US metal fans will disagree, so feel free to post any of your comments... :)

Last comment: LS were a white metal band. Later on they continued under the name Lazarus and released one more private CD, which i haven't heard yet.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've found it out today on soulseek. But it's registered by the guy from which I"ve downloaded it as a demo. (also named Intracranial Mass).
Released in 1988, it contains 7 tracks : "Blood for Mercy", "Apothecaries Measure", "7734", "The Son of the Jackal", "Author of Sorrow", "Monument" and "Out of the Box".
Is it the same as the LP ?

I haven't the time to listen to it yet, I'll tell about my feelings tomorrow.
anthares

Post by anthares »

I´ve had that on cdr long time but listened it for long time either. Its pretty ok. I remember they have one same riff with Hammers Rule.

Chack it out here:
http://vibrationsofdoom.com/test/LazarusSin.html
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I like it. It's been a while since I've played it, but I remember it as pretty typical US Metal of the heavier kind, a bit like a more original Metal Church maybe? Time to dig that CDR out again.