How about some reccomendations...........

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
mountainofthedead

How about some reccomendations...........

Post by mountainofthedead »

Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Back to Attack by Gravestone and I am wondering if there is some othere records (under the radar to obscure) that would be in the same vein. Also I have heard some good mp3's of Vulcain but want to know some people's favorite albums.... Thanks alot! :twisted:
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Check VULCAIN's two first albums ("Rock'n Roll Secours" and "Desperados"), they are their best. My personal fave is "Desperados".
Their live album ("Live France") is good too, very raw, but the sound quality is not that great.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

well some of the GAMA bands would be similar, but not copies or clones... Noisehunter, Stranger, No trouble,
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Glad to hear that someone also is GRAVESTONE maniac.To me GRAVESTONE is one of the 10 best metal bands.Well if you want to hear some bands similar and also great you'd have to try MANIAC(AUT),VETO and mainly GERMAN and AUSTRIAN bands.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

omen of hate wrote:Check VULCAIN's two first albums ("Rock'n Roll Secours" and "Desperados"), they are their best. My personal fave is "Desperados".
Their live album ("Live France") is good too, very raw, but the sound quality is not that great.
I don't think VULCAIN is similar with GRAVESTONE and of course they can even reach their LEVEL even with binoculars :D .
mountainofthedead

graverstoner

Post by mountainofthedead »

yeah, I had a ripped c.d. of back to attack for a long time, but I just got it on vinyl. Its most def in my top 10. I don't think Vulcain is similar to G.S. at all, just wanted some tips with them too....
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
omen of hate wrote:Check VULCAIN's two first albums ("Rock'n Roll Secours" and "Desperados"), they are their best. My personal fave is "Desperados".
I don't think VULCAIN is similar with GRAVESTONE and of course they can even reach their LEVEL even with binoculars :D .
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry, I misunderstood, I was thinking we were talking abouth the French band Vulcain !!

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
HexxWitch

Post by HexxWitch »

Vampyr - Cry Out For Metal is one of the best german records of the 80's
Airwolf - Victory Bells are very good to!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

HexxWitch wrote:Vampyr - Cry Out For Metal is one of the best german records of the 80's
Damn right!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

You guys have an Idea where Berti Majdan is today or what he have done after 48 Crash-Some Like It Hot LP(Great Also LP well what did you expect!!) i also die to see some more pictures,interviews,infos about two of my favourite bands GRAVESTONE,TYRANT.I have the e-mail of Klaus''Doc''Reinelt but i haven't use it yet.There is also a TYRANT videoclip in Youtube The song ''She Makes Me Hot'' what a track!but the quality on Youtube is just SHIT as with all of their videoclips.I don't understand why the quality of the video must be so low i can't even recognize the band members.Anyone can help?
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Fucking Åmål wrote:You guys have an Idea where Berti Majdan is today or what he have done after 48 Crash-Some Like It Hot LP(Great Also LP well what did you expect!!) i also die to see some more pictures,interviews,infos about two of my favourite bands GRAVESTONE,TYRANT.I have the e-mail of Klaus''Doc''Reinelt but i haven't use it yet.There is also a TYRANT videoclip in Youtube The song ''She Makes Me Hot'' what a track!but the quality on Youtube is just SHIT as with all of their videoclips.I don't understand why the quality of the video must be so low i can't even recognize the band members.Anyone can help?
Berti has a band far away of Metal. I heard them once and was something like 1000 maniacs... Doc is not a much friendly guy I must say...
I'm almost sure I have a Gravestone live video (and Tyrant as well) somewhere in here. I haven seen them for ages but i think the quality of both were acceptable, sadly are taped in vhs format...

Take a look at my site, perhaps you wll find it interesting:

http://mx.geocities.com/cryoutformetal
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Thanxxx!!!but waitwaitwait.I have done many times googling for Berti Majdan but i had found nothing,can you tell me the name of his band?2)Why Doc Reinelt isn't friendly??can you tell me what he told you?were you geting in touch with him for an interview and he declined?I have checked your site also in the past but these are pretty known to me but great site you chose to deal with the best record company Gama Records.Were you who submitted the Tyrant videoclip on youtube?Can you convert these two videos in Mp3 format!!Please!Only you can do that.A Gravestone live video i am dying to see that man!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Thanxxx!!!but waitwaitwait.I have done many times googling for Berti Majdan but i had found nothing,can you tell me the name of his band?2)Why Doc Reinelt isn't friendly??can you tell me what he told you?were you geting in touch with him for an interview and he declined?I have checked your site also in the past but these are pretty known to me but great site you chose to deal with the best record company Gama Records.Were you who submitted the Tyrant videoclip on youtube?Can you convert these two videos in Mp3 format!!Please!Only you can do that.A Gravestone live video i am dying to see that man!
I came across the Berti's newer band's site some years ago. I cant remebre the name of the band and lost the address. But believe, is nothing even remotly close to Gravestone or even 48 crash.

I asked Doc for an interview and if possible some pics for the sitte 2-3 times and he didnt even answered to say "no thanx, no time" or something. The same goes for Berti. Thats is unfriendly in my book. Too bad, they were great musicians

I no I didnt send the Tyrant video in youtube. I'm sorry I cant convert the vhs videos because I have no VHS video any longer and my pc does not have a video capture card. I'm pissed because in those tapes I have lots of great videos like Vampyr, High tension, faithful Breath, Noisehunter, etc. Hope I can fix my old VHS and pass them unto DVD format, but that must be a bit complicated, sorry.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

metalmaster wrote: I came across the Berti's newer band's site some years ago. I cant remebre the name of the band and lost the address. But believe, is nothing even remotly close to Gravestone or even 48 crash.

I asked Doc for an interview and if possible some pics for the sitte 2-3 times and he didnt even answered to say "no thanx, no time" or something. The same goes for Berti. Thats is unfriendly in my book. Too bad, they were great musicians

I no I didnt send the Tyrant video in youtube. I'm sorry I cant convert the vhs videos because I have no VHS video any longer and my pc does not have a video capture card. I'm pissed because in those tapes I have lots of great videos like Vampyr, High tension, faithful Breath, Noisehunter, etc. Hope I can fix my old VHS and pass them unto DVD format, but that must be a bit complicated, sorry.

Well the only thing that i can say about Berti and Klaus is that sometimes the genious musicians are remote and weird.Can we contact also with other bandmembers it seems more possible,what about Thomas Imbacher?As for videos it is quite strange where have you taken this videotapes.Are these kind of videos circulated throughout the metal collectors.I am highly interested in 80's videoclips or live tracks can you suggest us some sites to download some videos(of 80's bands even mainstream).Well you have a blogspot called underfire metal radio can you upload some time Vampyr's LP or some videos?It would be great. 8)
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Fucking Åmål wrote: Well the only thing that i can say about Berti and Klaus is that sometimes the genious musicians are remote and weird.Can we contact also with other bandmembers it seems more possible,what about Thomas Imbacher?As for videos it is quite strange where have you taken this videotapes.Are these kind of videos circulated throughout the metal collectors.I am highly interested in 80's videoclips or live tracks can you suggest us some sites to download some videos(of 80's bands even mainstream).Well you have a blogspot called underfire metal radio can you upload some time Vampyr's LP or some videos?It would be great. 8)
Yeah, both guys are just lunatics. I cant say they are arrogant guys or something. I suppose they had their reasons why bot to send me a note. But well, on the other hand we have guys like Ronny of Noisehunter, or mr Rieger of Stranger or Arnd of Darkness who were so kind to cooperate even when they had very few time..
Of course those videos where gotten by tapetrading. I send spanish and mexican videos and I got those I mentioned and much more. I have no idea if there is some places to download that stuff. I tried some time ago kazza and soulseek and those and it was useless. Youtube, as you might know, have nice stuff but, even when they are doawloadables (does that word exist?), you need certain program to play it in your pc.
As I mentioned, I my VHS player is KO and I dont have money nor time to fix it, also no possibility to pass it unto DVD.
I can trade all my audio stuff, no problem, but sadly I cant do it with my video files. Sorry