BLACK HOLE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Dan I sure hope for your sake that the condition of this is really M/M. I'd never bid on an auction unless getting to view pictures of the item first. Don't get me wrong, I've won items in the past without a photo in the auction, but I was always sent some privately by email first. I suppose pictures will follow if this is the real deal :)
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The supposed M/M condition wasn't really a factor for me. If the album is beat up or the wrong color (black) I figure it's an open&shut case for a dispute. The seller's 100% rating also made a bit more confident.
Nonseinormale65 wrote:Sorry Dan,i never see it before(i only heard about the coloured lp)maybe Deluge(or della Cioppa) knows something more,i will ask :wink:
Please do. It would be great to update the old review with info about this edition, like how many were made ...or if there's even more color variations???
GJ

Post by GJ »

I bet someone spilt some Amarone over it, left it in the sun to dry up and forgot about it for a decent few years. :wink:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

GJ wrote:I bet someone spilt some Amarone over it, left it in the sun to dry up and forgot about it for a decent few years. :wink:
No. It's just that the cover always had a lavender colour on it and it rubbed off.
Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

DaN wrote:The supposed M/M condition wasn't really a factor for me. If the album is beat up or the wrong color (black) I figure it's an open&shut case for a dispute. The seller's 100% rating also made a bit more confident.
Nonseinormale65 wrote:Sorry Dan,i never see it before(i only heard about the coloured lp)maybe Deluge(or della Cioppa) knows something more,i will ask :wink:
Please do. It would be great to update the old review with info about this edition, like how many were made ...or if there's even more color variations???
I wrote to Della Cioppa,let's wait and see :wink:

P.S. The circulation of the black vinyl was of 1000 copies.
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:I wrote to Della Cioppa,let's wait and see :wink:

P.S. The circulation of the black vinyl was of 1000 copies.
Great. Are you dead-sure about 1000 of the black one? I've got this vague memory of the number 2000 being mentioned. I could be confusing it with some other record I guess...

Another BH-trivia-related thing I've always wondered about: Was any of their demos ever released with a proper cover? Pix?
Nonseinormale65

Yes,the circulation was of 1000 copies(as written by Salvo"Deluge" on Italian Metal Legion,also Della Cioppa has confirmed it).

About the colored lp there are not reliable informations(neither Measles knows about it,maybe the label made some copies without his knowledge,unless it is a bootleg made after some years...but in this case why pressing so few copies?);note that in Italy at that time there were a lot of problems between these indie labels(their expertise was limited and some labels were also rip off) and bands,distribution was poor(often some records were hard to find)and we hadn't professional magazines that dealt with HM(it happened only by the end of 1986 with Metal Shock)and to find news was hard for italian fans :cry:

P.S. about the demos i can say that the first one(1982,3 tks,midnight madman,demoniac city and mental shadows)had not a cover,the second one,Beyond The Gravestone has a cover artwork for sure(btw,Deluge will send it to you asap :wink: ).
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I beat this color version is a bootleg. Back in those years colour vinyls were not much ususal in metal music, unless i was a very good selling band. Anyway, the colour of the vinyl has zero immportance if the music is crap, which is not the case with mighty Black Hole... But, it would be interesting if someone can put some light on the veracity of that color edition...
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

as DaN has also the regular he can check/compare the matrix (matrixes). but this is way too rare for a typical bootleg counterfeit imo
Nonseinormale65

Yes,i agree,maybe only five maximum ten copies were made;as i wrote maybe the label pressed them and no one knew about them...
Nonseinormale65

From today the new cd reissue of Land Of Mystery is finally available in digipack only,it has some pictures of the band never seen before,it contains Angel of Lucifer and Crying Puppets as bonus tracks and it was remastered in Germany by Patrick W. Engel;worldwide distribution by Black Widow Records,you can also find it at http://www.andromedarelix.com
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Thanks for the info, I'll order it soon.
pzman

Post by pzman »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:From today the new cd reissue of Land Of Mystery is finally available in digipack only,it has some pictures of the band never seen before,it contains Angel of Lucifer and Crying Puppets as bonus tracks and it was remastered in Germany by Patrick W. Engel;worldwide distribution by Black Widow Records,you can also find it at http://www.andromedarelix.com
so there will not be a 3 cd box set as mentioned before? But im still gonna order this one though, thx
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I still want the older version.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Nonseinormale65

pzman wrote:
Nonseinormale65 wrote:From today the new cd reissue of Land Of Mystery is finally available in digipack only,it has some pictures of the band never seen before,it contains Angel of Lucifer and Crying Puppets as bonus tracks and it was remastered in Germany by Patrick W. Engel;worldwide distribution by Black Widow Records,you can also find it at http://www.andromedarelix.com
so there will not be a 3 cd box set as mentioned before? But im still gonna order this one though, thx
Don't worry,this one is the re-reissue of the first LP,the 3cd box set is a collection of demos and a live gig,the stuff here is totally different,let's wait for news from ADP,ok?