BLACK HOLE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

BLACK HOLE

Post by ION BRITTON »

Wow! Now that was a blow! Top-notch mystical doom which rocks somewhere between early doom metal and 70's dark prog rock. Black Sabbath's influence on the band is quite obvious, but things are far more complicated than an "Iron Man" idea. I also believe that Antonius Rex and Jacula were instrumental in the formation of BH's distinct sound and mostly on the way keys were used. Then, i'd say that a touch of early Death SS and Paul Chain is also evident, but again not what you'd really imagine. Dark and innovating tracks like Demoniac City, Land of mystery, Bells of death etc will never ever tire you and they will probably become your sinister intimate companion on your gloomy days of your fucking life. The Black Hole will devour you! 10/10.

P.S. Ha ha ha...Gotta love that heavy italian accent: Demoni-ac city, Blind men and occoolt forces etc. etc.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

What he said. 8)

Anyone heard any news about the CD reissue? It should be the same label who did the "Living Mask" CD. I also heard the Chinese label Area Death Production wants to do a tripple (!) CD will everything they recorded, including the amazing 90 min "Beyond The Gravestone" demo :D
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Yes Black Hole is DOOM definitely and quite strange band.Of course it is 10/10 record and when you hear their music you think you walk alone at midnight in a cemetary.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Yes good LP, but in my opinion "Land of Mystery" doesn't come close to the astonishing "Beyond the Gravestone" demo of 1984. That is the pure essence of gloomy doom metal.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Essential album !!
One of the most obscure, depressive piece of Doom ever written.
The tracks "All my Evil" and "Bells of Death" are my faves of the album.
I haven't heard the demo yet !
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Anyone heard any news about the CD reissue? It should be the same label who did the "Living Mask" CD. I also heard the Chinese label Area Death Production wants to do a tripple (!) CD will everything they recorded, including the amazing 90 min "Beyond The Gravestone" demo
:shock: :shock: :shock:

whoaah, dude. let your words turn into gold.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Yeah, it has been re-issued on label called 'Andromeda' with 4 bonus tracks on 28th August 2006!!

I have a copy on the way!
Can't wait to listen to it in all it's glory!

Not sure what the bonus tracks are??? Some demo tracks I presume...
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Dan, I'm glad you liked the "Beyond The Gravestone" demo. Back when I got a tape of that about 10 years ago I played it for a few folks and no one but me could get it. Nice to see this band finally getting some notice by those that appreciate it.
a triple cd of everything would be a monument. Do you think something like that would really be released?(fingers crossed)
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

I heard about a re-release on LP from the holy Balck Widow records ?? That would have been released some years ago. But I checked through their list of releases but I did not fin it there. anybody know ?? I found some really cool The Black re-releases on Lp though, worship.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

DaN wrote:What he said. 8)

Anyone heard any news about the CD reissue? It should be the same label who did the "Living Mask" CD. I also heard the Chinese label Area Death Production wants to do a tripple (!) CD will everything they recorded, including the amazing 90 min "Beyond The Gravestone" demo :D
The cd is total crap in my opinion. no lyrics, no pics, no extensive inne notes. They even took the master from the vinyl instead the original master tapes. The extra tracks are cool, I must say
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

metalmaster wrote:The cd is total crap in my opinion. no lyrics, no pics, no extensive inne notes. They even took the master from the vinyl instead the original master tapes. The extra tracks are cool, I must say
Apparently they didnt have the original master tapes, as they were lost or something????
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Korgüll wrote:
metalmaster wrote:The cd is total crap in my opinion. no lyrics, no pics, no extensive inne notes. They even took the master from the vinyl instead the original master tapes. The extra tracks are cool, I must say
Apparently they didnt have the original master tapes, as they were lost or something????
They (the label) could always have tried to get hold of a more decent LP to master from. I don't see the coolness in hearing LP scratches on CD if it's not on homemade "releases". Some year or two ago Black Widow sold a bunch of "Land of mystery" LP's that were unplayed for 80 EUR - I think it had been worth it just to get a more perfect release. Well, who am I to judge when I don't even see the greatness in Black Hole, they've got a bunch of good songs but I don't really listen to the whole album very often.
Fun records
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Metalipeiklo wrote:
Korgüll wrote:
They (the label) could always have tried to get hold of a more decent LP to master from. I don't see the coolness in hearing LP scratches on CD if it's not on homemade "releases". Some year or two ago Black Widow sold a bunch of "Land of mystery" LP's that were unplayed for 80 EUR - I think it had been worth it just to get a more perfect release. Well, who am I to judge when I don't even see the greatness in Black Hole, they've got a bunch of good songs but I don't really listen to the whole album very often.
Certainly! I have somewhere a better master of that lp that I did some yeas ago for my personal use. And well, there are many cleaning programs anyone can use to do it. What was blasphemous was the not inclusion of lyrics :evil:
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

I got the CD reissue (released on Andromeda relix) for a week ago, which includes some really cool Demo and Live tracks !!

DEMO 1983: Midnight Madman, Mental Shadow, Black Hole

LIVE 1985: Spectral World

You should check that one out right now !! The demo tracks are Killer (sounds more obscure Heavy Metal than DOOM). And the Live track gives you some really strong diabolical vibes for shure.
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

Visit www.AndromdaRelix.com for further information, I guess.