BLACK HOLE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
daniel

Post by daniel »

I've listened to the album for years, and I'm -quite- aware of what Doom Metal is, I'm strict about it - some 'doom influences' mean nothing to me, and seeing as I have most bands in this genre I can think of and play Doom Metal as well... I don't need to argue about it with you guys.

When I first heard BLACK HOLE I thought they were amazing, but that's worn off over the years, I think I can be objective about it, it simply isn't as amazing as people say.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
anthares

Post by anthares »

I gladly buy copy of this album rright away! For me this is more doom than some of the "real" doom bands.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

What do you think it will go for? I bought mine for about $100 US :oops: hope I didn't pay too much.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Nightlock wrote:What do you think it will go for? I bought mine for about $100 US :oops: hope I didn't pay too much.
That album is worth all the monewy in the world. BTW about a year ago I saw it sold at about 16 US dollars on ebay.
Witchfynde

Post by Witchfynde »

Incredible band. Incredible album. One of my favorites in both categories.

Bells of Death could be one of the greatest songs ever. The intro is so atmospheric that it almost feels as you´re participating in an ancient black magick ritual just by listening to it. And it´s just 12 seconds long!
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Finally I listened to Living Mask a few times and I really like that album. of course, being released under the name "Black Hole" makes you compare it to Land Of Mystery, and at first makes you think is not that good, but after giving it a few listens it started to grow on me. To me is more "proggy" than the first one, and that electric sound of the drums makes it sound like a soundtrack of an 80s horror b-movie, but as a fan of 80s horror b-movies sountracks I really liked it! And What about "The End of All Times"? Sounds like Wolfenstein's 3D music, but it has that "so bad is good" thing for me.
zincalloy

Post by zincalloy »

I gave the Living Mask cd to a friend to listen and when he returned it,he said it was unaudible and that he didh't manage to hear it all.Of course i didh't take his opinion seriously,as he ish't in the whole thing of obscure metal.On the other hand,i understand that this album is somewhat difficult to be liked by even many of the metallers who are fond of unusual metal stuff,as it is pretty diffirent for the majority of the metal scene
disallo

Post by disallo »

Yesterday is arrived my CD cool cool! purchased for 9,99 EURO, from negative.it, an italian store mail-order.

With 4 bonus tracks, all taken from a demo-cassette released in 1983 and one of this bonus, the last track, is a nice live song. (Spectral World, Live in Verona 1983).
Limited to 500 copies.

http://www.negative.it/pagine/cd/scheda.asp?id=3719
DTP

Post by DTP »

i snagged the cd version a couple yrs back too; sounds great (kinda-worn vinyl sound doesn't bother me) but the demo trax are a bit too loud and take away from the overall feel...

one day i'll locate the vinyl....one fookin day :x
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

protodoom wrote:Yesterday is arrived my CD cool cool! purchased for 9,99 EURO, from negative.it, an italian store mail-order.

With 4 bonus tracks, all taken from a demo-cassette released in 1983 and one of this bonus, the last track, is a nice live song. (Spectral World, Live in Verona 1983).
Limited to 500 copies.

http://www.negative.it/pagine/cd/scheda.asp?id=3719
Is this official?

What label re-issued this?"
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

By the description it sounds like the official Andromeda Relics reissue.
disallo

Post by disallo »

Yes, is officially released by Andromeda (500 copies).

Nonseinormale65

Post by Nonseinormale65 »

A little surprise is coming :wink: ,is'nt it Dan?
Solo i morti hanno visto la fine della guerra.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Nonseinormale65 wrote:A little surprise is coming :wink: ,is'nt it Dan?
Oh yes. Will get in touch with you soon about some final details. 8)