BLACK HOLE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

ARC wrote:Silly Khnud, it’s horrid
Silly? Hah, don't even get me started on the Mike Oldfield-ish guitars in "War of the Ring". :wink:
ARC

Post by ARC »

Khnud wrote:
ARC wrote:Silly Khnud, it’s horrid
Silly? Hah, don't even get me started on the Mike Oldfield-ish guitars in "War of the Ring". :wink:
See?! Another silly remark from Khnud!

Dan you should banish him from our fine establishment for such a ridiculous claim
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Yeah, I'm not sure I'm hearing Mike O there either. It has more of a BRONSKI BEAT-vibe to it.
ARC

Post by ARC »

You’re totally hopeless, living with your mom AND not respecting ARC
BASTARD!
mordred

Post by mordred »

The Knell wrote:Yes you were lucky, I always saw it for 50,60€ in ex or lower condition there.
Nah, you were robbed methinks. 8)

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... &rd=1&rd=1
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

This album should be listened for all those fags who think that slower is heavier and sadder is darker. Newsflash, FAGS! Doom is not about crying, not chasing the fairies, Doom is about old cemeteries, cobwebbed skeletons and Lovecraftian dimensions, and that's what this album is all about.

One my top ten albums.
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Cochino wrote:This album should be listened for all those fags who think that slower is heavier and sadder is darker. Newsflash, FAGS! Doom is not about crying, not chasing the fairies, Doom is about old cemeteries, cobwebbed skeletons and Lovecraftian dimensions, and that's what this album is all about.
Aye! I couldnt say it better myself.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Cochino wrote:FAGS!
Excuse me!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Hans

Post by Hans »

absolutely brilliant, one of my personal favorites. I have never heard another LP with such sound, with one exception and that is Pagan Altar. By that I dont mean that it is the same sound , but the skill to write/create such exclusive music. 10/10 indeed. This album uses two elements I highly value that being: slow pace doom a few solo's, and HEAVY synths. perfecty combinated into a real doom classic. Not the kind of st. vitus doom, almost no heavy riffs on this album, but pure atmosphere.

I have only heard the LP. no demo's or rerealeased stuff.
daniel

Post by daniel »

There is nothing on this album that makes it Doom Metal to me. It's ok, good atmosphere, but...not something I listen to very often.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Listen to the first riff on All My Evil and tell me that isn't doom.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Cochino wrote:Listen to the first riff on All My Evil and tell me that isn't doom.
At least it's more doom metal than Dwarr. :D

I only have the 84 demo so I don't know if the album is much softer. But though they are not pure doom metal, most of the tracks on that demo are doom metal or come close to it.

To say this band is just ok is blasphemy. Just to have the word Black at the beginning of their name hints at how great they are.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

The album isn't as classic doom as the demo, is a bit mote prog. But is still doom more than anything else.
And of course saying that is ok is blasphemy, but if the guy said it wasn't doom, means that he hasn't listened to it very well.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I don't think that nor DWARR or BLACK HOLE can be labelled as Doom Metal. DWARR has so many different influences and BLACK HOLE is heavily influenced by BLACK SABBATH but doesn't sound like your ordinary Doom Metal band.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

No, I won't describe them as "Doom Metal", is Doom with Psych Rock and some classic Heavy stuff can be found there too, but the Doom element in their music is undeniable, and if I had to put them under one Metal genre, it would be doom. But again, what makes them so unique is that is not that easy to describe their music, mainly in the LP.