BLACK HOLE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

DoomofDenim wrote:DEMO 1983: Midnight Madman, Mental Shadow, Black Hole
What's the sound quality on those songs? I have the complete demo, but not w/ "perfect" sound.
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

DaN wrote:
What's the sound quality on those songs? I have the complete demo, but not w/ "perfect" sound.
Not perfect, but you heard everything quite clear and so on. The vocals are extremely load compared to the music though, but its not impossible to listen to. Have you heard the Live track ??
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

DoomofDenim wrote:
DaN wrote:
Not perfect, but you heard everything quite clear and so on. The vocals are extremely load compared to the music though, but its not impossible to listen to. Have you heard the Live track ??
Yeah, I should have the complete live concert.
The only bad thing to say about BLACK HOLE is that demo 83 and the live tape exposes their lackluster musical skills a bit more than is comfortable. Still I kinda dig that stale, "ungroovy" early version of "Mental Shadows" a lot.
Rock Beast

Post by Rock Beast »

DaN wrote:
DoomofDenim wrote:
DaN wrote: What's the sound quality on those songs? I have the complete demo, but not w/ "perfect" sound.
Yeah, I should have the complete live concert.
The only bad thing to say about BLACK HOLE is that demo 83 and the live tape exposes their lackluster musical skills a bit more than is comfortable. Still I kinda dig that stale, "ungroovy" early version of "Mental Shadows" a lot.
Oh shit. Is it possible to put the whole Live preformance on a cd-r and send it to me ?? I am really intrested !! I can see you point there Dan, but I still think the demo songs are good songs actually, if you ingnore the weak musical skills then (but the lack of musical skills can often be something with a lot of charm, which is the case, i would say)
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I hope I can grap a copy of this unholy gloomy LP...I recently saw the LP for 60€ in good condition on ebay...I missed it. :( :(
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

guys....Black Widow still had a mint copy of this album...now it's mine :D :D
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I think they still have some copies left...that's what Black Widow wrote to me:

"Yes we still have the Lp...15 years ago we bought directly from the band the remaining 200 copies!!!!
now only 3 survive!! this is the reason why is still available..."
Levi

Post by Levi »

The Knell wrote:I think they still have some copies left...that's what Black Widow wrote to me:

"Yes we still have the Lp...15 years ago we bought directly from the band the remaining 200 copies!!!!
now only 3 survive!! this is the reason why is still available..."
How much did you pay, if I dare to ask?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

80€
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Does anyone know how many copies were made btw?

AND I'm still hoping to get a second witness on the purple vinyl version that Sten think he saw once :shock:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

DaN wrote:Does anyone know how many copies were made btw?

AND I'm still hoping to get a second witness on the purple vinyl version that Sten think he saw once :shock:
Over 200 copies me thinks :)

:shock: :shock: That would be awesome! One of my all time favourite vinyls to have in my favourite color, eh eh. It would fit perfectly to the cover art. Sten, why didn't you bought this!?!?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I used to loathe this album. The silly accent. The not-so-convincing organ. The nonexistent riffing. You name it.

Now I think it's great. I guess "Land Of Mystery" is an acquired taste. Or maybe I'm just getting old.
ARC

Post by ARC »

Silly Khnud, it’s horrid
mordred

Post by mordred »

The Knell wrote:80€
:shock:
I got mine for 40 USD on ebay some half year ago, and it was near mint too. They robbed you.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Yes you were lucky, I always saw it for 50,60€ in ex or lower condition there.