Best All female/Female Fronted Metal Bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I once heard of a band called Trop Féross, but I unfortunately never head them, are they cool?
Yes, they are 8)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
I once heard of a band called Trop Féross, but I unfortunately never head them, are they cool?
Yes, they are 8)
No, man, I'm positive. This thing sucks. I like Horror metal but this EP is pure crap. Bad, bad, bad. Well, what the fuck...You can't love them all... :?
pentagramophone

Post by pentagramophone »

Ahem, already on page 2 and not a single mention about CRYSTAL PRIDE, MALTEZE or ICE AGE? Okay, the truly awesome ones have been mentioned time and again; KIM SIXX, VIXEN and ACID. Yet WARLOCK reign supreme. The final scream in "Touch of evil" never fails.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

CRYSTAL PRIDE
D'oh! :oops:

I thought about ICE AGE, but like with WENCH and MEANSTREAK I find the music pretty average Metallicaoid Thrash. Haven't heard MALTEZE. Do you recommend them?

Shame on all of us for not mentioning THE GREAT KAT! More funny than 'killer', but you have to love her attitude and entertainment values.

What about Wendy O'/PLASMATICS? Save the first, more new waveish Plasmatics LP I love everything she did. For me she will always be the ultimate Metal/HR Queen. If anyone knows where I can find a Plasmatics T-shirt, please let me know.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:Haven't heard MALTEZE. Do you recommend them?

I strongly recommend to check their full length album Count your blessings. Their debut EP leans more towards hard rock and really hasn't anything special to give. On the contrary, CYB is a power blaster. A solid powerful metal album with great riffs and impassioned fiery vocals by Barbara Malteze, which bring sometimes to my mind the ones of Leather. No cheesy ballads here, just ballsy heavy metal. CYB includes also a song that you definately SHOULD hear, the unbelievable "Count your blessings": the structure of the song alone deserves a praise, but it's the fuckin' chorus that's destined to blow your brains out! I really can't control myself every time i hear the ass-kicking supermetallic ending. Simply brilliant. All in all, a work that must find its place in your quality-metal collection.
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
CRYSTAL PRIDE
D'oh! :oops:

I thought about ICE AGE, but like with WENCH and MEANSTREAK I find the music pretty average Metallicaoid Thrash.

Shame on all of us for not mentioning THE GREAT KAT! More funny than 'killer', but you have to love her attitude and entertainment values.
I fully agree about Ice Age and the likes. Nothing special.

I'm sorry but Great Kat's first album IS a killer. It's funny as well, but it slays. Paranoid shredding metal at it's best. Tracks like Demons, Metal massacre etc simply melt your face. Excellent album.
mordred

Post by mordred »

So now let's get down to important matters:

CHASTAIN.

End of discussion.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

mordred wrote:
CHASTAIN.
How could we forget them..
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I still think Leather should have continued with MALIBU BARBI. Those 2 tracks slay anything by CHASTAIN.
pentagramophone

Post by pentagramophone »

Sure, ICE AGE aren't anything that special but a decent Swedish thrash band from the 80's is such a rarity that they deserved a mention here.

"Count Your Blessings" by MALTEZE is one hell of a track that should not be missed by anyone. The album is good & solid but the title tracks simply blows the rest away! In case someone has a spare copy of their debut EP I'm interetsed in getting one.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Two female-fronted bands I'm really curious to hear are REDEEMER and Y DIAWLED.
anthares

Post by anthares »

SACRILEGE (uk) is my fave for sure! All their albums just kicks ass!
ZNÖWHITE
DETENTE
MOSH (bra) - they really rip and the vocals are really powerful!
ORIGINAL SIN
MALTEZE (reminds me of Doro)
SANTA LUCIA
GREAT KAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROCK GODDES
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

No one mentionned Lee Aaron here, truely, most of her releases are quite average but "Metal Queen" is a killer !!

Two underground french thrash acts from the 80's : Witches (led by Agressor main man's sister) and Penetrator.

And what about the awful (but funny) Madam X ?
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

There is no comparizon between a Man and a Woman as far as it Metal goes.I don't like when a Metal band is fronted by a woman.Well woman to me is for the Pop music not for the Metal.Of corpse there are some exceptions to these rule but even these exceptions don't like me so much either.Well guys what you think about that?Is Metal a mannish thing or not?
Keir

Post by Keir »

Fucking Åmål wrote:There is no comparizon between a Man and a Woman as far as it Metal goes.I don't like when a Metal band is fronted by a woman.Well woman to me is for the Pop music not for the Metal.Of corpse there are some exceptions to these rule but even these exceptions don't like me so much either.Well guys what you think about that?Is Metal a mannish thing or not?
I can see why someone would prefer the male voice to a female's for a metal band. I think that it is a rarer thing for a woman to sing in a powerful way that works with metal, but that makes it so much more appealing to me when it does work. Of course, when it comes to other instruments it makes no difference, male or female.