Best All female/Female Fronted Metal Bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Korgüll wrote:What about Oral Sex!

I thought they looked pretty cool (if not a tad gutter-trash) on the front cover...
Apart from a decent, upbeat opener it's pretty boring heavy rock. The cover is pretty funny though. I think the name of the band was ORAL and the title of the MLP "Sex". Just like with ORIGINAL SIN there are some serious doubts about weather they were a real band or not.
scoots

Post by scoots »

are the flexi tracks not included on the jurassic jade discog cd that just came out? i don't buy cds so i wouldn't know...
Keir

Post by Keir »

Hey scoots, fancy meeting you here!
DaN wrote:
Korgüll wrote:What about Oral Sex!

I thought they looked pretty cool (if not a tad gutter-trash) on the front cover...
Apart from a decent, upbeat opener it's pretty boring heavy rock. The cover is pretty funny though. I think the name of the band was ORAL and the title of the MLP "Sex". Just like with ORIGINAL SIN there are some serious doubts about weather they were a real band or not.
You are correct about the band name/title, and yeah, don't assume the ladies on the cover are the ones who actually play on the album! I find the whole album to be fairly entertaining though. Nothing spectacular of course, but I enjoy listening to it from time to time.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

ok, my favourites are definitely Nicole Lee and Leather Leone,
and can say Barbara Mateze too...

but I must add this ones too:
Jutta Weinhold (Zed Yago/Velvet Viper) and
Lynn Renaud (Messiah force)

edit: can't help, they are all great...
Last edited by ®O©O on Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, since this thread has gone more like "mention all the female fronted bands you know" here's another one that has not been mentioned yet: SATANIC RITES: First album was decent melodic NWOBHM, the next one was rather lame w/ too many weak songs but also a couple of great ones. Before the full length LPs, they realesed an unremarkable 7'' as well.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Keir

Post by Keir »

ION BRITTON wrote:Well, since this thread has gone more like "mention all the female fronted bands you know" here's another one that has not been mentioned yet: SATANIC RITES: First album was decent melodic NWOBHM, the next one was rather lame w/ too many weak songs but also a couple of great ones. Before the full length LPs, they realesed an unremarkable 7'' as well.
I think the 7" was a different band.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Keir wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Well, since this thread has gone more like "mention all the female fronted bands you know" here's another one that has not been mentioned yet: SATANIC RITES: First album was decent melodic NWOBHM, the next one was rather lame w/ too many weak songs but also a couple of great ones. Before the full length LPs, they realesed an unremarkable 7'' as well.
I think the 7" was a different band.
I don't have the original 7'', so i can't be 100% sure. www.nwobhm.com refers to two different SR, rockdetector and metal archives mention only one. The name is not so usual, i find it a bit unlikely to be a different band. Does anyone know how things really are?

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The NWOBHM list them as 2 different bands, and none of the names of the 7" match up with the ones, so they're probably 2 different bands, yes. I'd say "SATANIC RITES" is a cliché enough name for a Metal band for there to be several bands using it.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:The NWOBHM list them as 2 different bands, and none of the names of the 7" match up with the ones, so they're probably 2 different bands, yes. I'd say "SATANIC RITES" is a cliché enough name for a Metal band for there to be several bands using it.
Do you have the original 7''? The names on "Which way..." LP are D.Websper, S.Page, K.Doyle, D.Ingham, D.Kershaw and since i don't have scanned artwork of the 7'', i can't really know. Another thing is that the single was released in 1981, that's four years before the debut. Did they stay inactive for so long? Pretty unlikely.

BTW, Metal archives has recorded only two bands with that name. I guess it sounds cliche nowadays after all this storm of black metal bands that we've witnessed, but it probably wasn't that cliche back in 1981. Do a search for "Iron Cross" instead and you'll see...

xr2m

Post by xr2m »

As far as female-fronted bands go, I'll have to side with Chastain. Leather Leone was just an absolutely phenomenal vocalist, and the music was top-notch. The first two albums will always be classics in my eyes. Barbara Malteze was great too, but the songwriting didn't quite measure up, although I do like "Count Your Blessings" a lot.
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

For me the best will always be Santa and their Reencarnación LP, Azuzena (R.I.P.) will always be the meanest metal lady ! 8)
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

:twisted:
Derrick Metaliszta

hehe yeah Wendy was badass but Azuzena was way uglier so that makes her no. 1 for me, just look at that

http://www.nuestrorock80.com/Varios/D%2 ... s/A/14.jpg
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

wow isn't that Paul Stanley from Kiss?
Derrick Metaliszta wrote:hehe yeah Wendy was badass but Azuzena was way uglier so that makes her no. 1 for me, just look at that

http://www.nuestrorock80.com/Varios/D%2 ... s/A/14.jpg
Derrick Metaliszta

Hahaha and that was her good angle! :lol: