Best All female/Female Fronted Metal Bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I totally agree with Keir, I really don't care if there's a male or female singer in a band. Some women singers can make it really aggressive !!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Fucking Åmål wrote:There is no comparizon between a Man and a Woman as far as it Metal goes.I don't like when a Metal band is fronted by a woman.Well woman to me is for the Pop music not for the Metal.Of corpse there are some exceptions to these rule but even these exceptions don't like me so much either.Well guys what you think about that?Is Metal a mannish thing or not?
Quite a hardline attitude there :lol: I guess having something fuckable up there on stage can result in some conflicting feelings. Thank doG most female vocalists are quite scabby. Personally I'd rather listen to a girl singing Metal, than a guy sounding like one (no names)...

As for female Metal fans, most I've met have been really dedicated. Too bad there's so few collectors :( (time for a contact add?)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:Personally I'd rather listen to a girl singing Metal, than a guy sounding like one (no names)...
Hey, why not? I really enjoy it when someone's favorite godly vocalist is another one's trash! Am i evil? Yes, i am. :twisted:
DaN wrote:As for female Metal fans, most I've met have been really dedicated. Too bad there's so few collectors :( (time for a contact add?)
Well, i don't know why but with me things are the other way round. I'd say that only 1 out of 10 female metal fans are really into metal. Most of them hang around just for the show-off! Pretty lame try you ''tough'' ladies! HA!
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

no fans of nuclear death?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I liked the chaos in Nuclear Death's music, but unfortunately most of their productions were more muddy than brutal so I don't think they lived up to their potential. Just my 2 öre...
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

carrion for worm is pretty muddy sounding, but the eps and bride of insect have a real evil feel on the guitars. dont know how to explain it other than that...
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

The Sentinel wrote:
mordred wrote:
CHASTAIN.
How could we forget them..
i picked up their lp "the seventh of never" today... how do the first two compare to it?
Rob

Post by Rob »

Don't know how everyone managed to forget about Holy Moses. (Actually registered to post this as it was so obvious, but don't be angry everyone.)

There's also Demonic Christ, but that's black death metal from early nineties with their gorgeous female demon vocalist Dana "Satania" Duffey.
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

I have to add the italians DARK AGES and MORGANA, the german MONROXE, the godly REDEEMER from Down Unda, SACRED FEW from the United States.

I also must say I really dig MEANSTREAK, the are waaaaay above average.

CHASTAIN had some killer albums w/RULER OF THE WASTELAND, MYSTERY OF ILLUSION and THE 7TH OF NEVER.

A good 90ies band with female vox is LADY SABRE - ENCHANTED CD.

But my all-favorite is ZNOWHITE "Act of God"!! What a fantastic album!!!!!

"NEVER WILL I SURRENDER - AS LONG AS I HAVE THE WILL TO RESIST!!! NEVER WILL I SURRENDER - AS LONG AS BREATH FLOWS THROUGH ME!!!!!"
AAAARRGGHHHHHH NICOLE MARRY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We praise the blood that metal brings
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I remember hearing that first track on the Italian DARK AGES LP from the old Metal Treasures mp3 uploads (ahh.. the nostalgia!)
When I had a full CDR of rare stuff from their upload burnt down, that song was always my fave track, outshining a shitload of "cult" US Metal megararities etc.. One of those albums I'll always be very happy to own even if it will never be a top fave..
scoots

Post by scoots »

no mention of JURASSIC JADE?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

scoots wrote:no mention of JURASSIC JADE?
I looked long & hard for vinyls by them without ever having heard them. When I finally got hold of the 7" EP and debut LP I was a bit let down. Pretty standard Thrash imo. Would love to hear that live-flexi from '85 though. Older = better 8)
scoots

Post by scoots »

to be honest, "a cradle song" is the only one i've heard/own, but i like it a lot.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

What about Oral Sex!

I thought they looked pretty cool (if not a tad gutter-trash) on the front cover...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

DaN wrote: I looked long & hard for vinyls by them without ever having heard them. When I finally got hold of the 7" EP and debut LP I was a bit let down. Pretty standard Thrash imo. Would love to hear that live-flexi from '85 though. Older = better 8)
I have a copy of their live Flexi, it's good. I can't upload it because it has a bitrate of 96 kbps.

I"ll poisonoise it as soon as I'll find an other (better) copy !!