Best All female/Female Fronted Metal Bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Best All female/Female Fronted Metal Bands

Post by ION BRITTON »

Here are some releases that kick some serious ass!

ZNOWHITE - All hail to thee. Simply the best ever. Bonecrushing in your face thrash/power with lots of punk elements. Can anyone defy a track like "Bringin' the hammer down"? I doubt about it. Hail to the metal master Ian Tafoya!

WARLOCK - You hurt my soul. Three killer tunes, this one is their best by far. Listen to the Eye of the tiger rip-off on Turn it on!

MASQUE - Dead of the night. How could someone forget this divine EP? Very close to the classic US metal sound. Great galloping riff on "Back with a vengeance", however my favorite track is "No light to die". Absolutely flawless stuff.

KIM SIXX - 7". Listen to it and just Bang your head. Period.

SENTINEL BEAST - Depths of death. Awesome speed metal with quite raw vocals. Dark, evil and filthy. I love it.

SHELDER - God of vikings. A controversial LP, which is very unique for my own taste. Epic hard rock madness in the early Manilla Road vein!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I would add the godly Detente, great Thrash band in deed
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

i would also add Loretta -a good band.
Junkyard Barbarian

Post by Junkyard Barbarian »

Sacrilege from UK
wonderful stuff
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

Maybe not to everyone's taste here, but Derketa are one of my favourite ever Death Metal bands (they were all-female fo the majority of their time as a band, but have had a male drummer for the past few years). Adorior are an excellent current band with a female vocalist.
Hellhammer

Post by Hellhammer »

Xenolith Oger
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Don't forget MALIBU BARBI. Hot chicks playing the music we all worship. That's two dreams in one package.

Derketa is indeed a RIPPER. The premature Burial 7" together with the 7"s from the bands Morpheus, Crypt Of Kerberos (Cyclone of insanity) and Macabre End belong to my favourite Death Metal 7"s.
Long Live The Loud !!!
humus

Post by humus »

None of you mentioned the mighty Acid yet? Blasphemy!
Junkyard Barbarian

Messiah Force is also pretty damn cool
Keir

Post by Keir »

Some great bands mentioned so far. I'll reiterate my love for TAIST OF IRON, and let's not forget BLACK KNIGHT and VIXEN (with Kim La Chance, obviously). Also, don’t laugh, but I’ve always enjoyed BITCH. :P

Another band I recently discovered is the female-fronted Belgian band SHANNAH. I just got both their MLP and demotape and they are quite good, though the demo is more commercial rock and less metal. You can hear selected tracks at the guitarist's website (http://users.skynet.be/listen2/shannah.htm)
Fucking Åmål wrote:i would also add Loretta -a good band.
LORETTA aren't good, they're awesome.
humus wrote:None of you mentioned the mighty Acid yet? Blasphemy!
I actually find them to be quite mediocre.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Loads of killer bands/releases mentined here. SACRILEGE's "Within The Prophecy" could be the heaviest Thrash album ever made. Fucking mindmelting stuff! ZNÖWHITE rips, MASQUE were incredible (one of my biggest wants!), KIM SIXX = awesome ('Power Baby' R.I.P. :cry: ), SENTINEL BEAST and BLACK KNIGHT were both way above average US Metal...

ACID is probably my fave female fronted Metal band. I can see if some find their more midpaced, classic Metal material to be mid-league stuff, but when they sped up they were one of the finest Power Metal acts ever, not to mention one of the earliest and most groundbreaking.

A very close second would be VIXEN (Hawaii). Criminally underrated early US Metal! Same goes for the MALISHA LP.

As for all-girl bands, my fave recording would be the MALIBU BARBI ep. Those songs are simply PERFECT Speed Metal! I would say ORIGINAL SIN, but they were apparently not a real band, so we'll have to put them in the 'fem-fronted' cathegory. Still, "Conjuration Of The Watcher" is just... INCREDIBLE!

DERKETA were more of a curiosity than anything really special in my ears.
LORETTA aren't good, they're awesome.
LORETTA aren't awesome, they're good. DUBL'1 (pre-MARKISA(RUS)) were awesome!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Keir wrote:I'll reiterate my love for TAIST OF IRON
Fists held high on "Cross Of Fire"! HAIL! HAIL! HAIL!
peterott

Post by peterott »

I really like Dracena, great Black/Death.

Also Gallhammer is quiet intersesting with their Amebix meets Burzum stuff.

Sacrilege's "Beyond The Realms Of Madness" is my personal favourite here. Tam screamed like mad on this record. And the music was more like on Bolt Thrower's debut (just that Sacrilege recorded their record in 1985, while Bolt Thrower did ths in 1986).
Junkyard Barbarian

like I already said, Sacrilege is wonderful stuff
their 3 albums are awesome, cannot choose a favourite
I already mentionned it, but you guys should check Messiah Force. damn nice speed/power metal from Canada, and is pretty expensive these days...
I once heard of a band called Trop Féross, but I unfortunately never head them, are they cool?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Junkyard Barbarian wrote: I once heard of a band called Trop Féross, but I unfortunately never head them, are they cool?
NO. They are not.