The bad,the worst and the cult...Covers!

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:
Why not just use it as avatar :lol:
Naaah, I'm actually thinking of making a giant back patch of it. Wondering how horrible would THAT be? Image
Hellfighter

Post by Hellfighter »

Goatlord had some pretty terrible demo covers!
Goatstorm

Post by Goatstorm »

Damn! :shock:
That TAXI KARLO cover is hard to beat...

But how about this one:

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The CASBAH - Russian Roulette 7" is an awful one too.
EzyMeat

Post by EzyMeat »

Wolf (SWE) - Wolf

Since metal-archives doesn't host images and Im too lazy to find a hosting site heres the link.
http://metal-archives.com/release.php?id=5169
Keir

Post by Keir »

Fucking Åmål wrote:In a time where instead of a paint for cover someone makes an easy Scan or Rip-Off from some images from internet and present it as the new cover of his band.I gaze at the old these covers that are part of metal philisophy that has almost died nowadays.These covers make us say ''what the fuck how can have painted this'',or ''what a silly cover but after some time we getting used to it so we start to like it'',''and some other time we say ''what an idea!'',nevermind whatever the reaction shall be these covers make us feel nostalgic and make us proud of hearing an outright,upright and straight music nothing to do with money or such shits.
I totally agree. I think the album covers in this thread are far better than many modern efforts. The worst ever is probably IRON MAIDEN - Dance of Death, for the simple fact that they have the resources to come up with something wonderful and instead they release that crap that took zero imagination or effort to make.

However, going with the theme of this thread which seems to be "bad" but "cool" covers, here are some more:

THE BEAST - Powermetal

DAMMAJ - Mutiny

PREDATÜR - Seen You Here

V/A - Metal Meltdown III (couldn't find a scan without the sticker, but you get the idea)

VOPO'S - Conquer

Hmmm, that last one makes me think of some others which fit into another category of bad, that being the truly tasteless. More on that later!
acid

Post by acid »

Do demo covers also count? Well, maybe they do, maybe not, but these two covers from Puppies Power are ridicilous:

Image Image

Damn...
otakon

Post by otakon »

Vulcano's Om Pushne Namah takes the cake for me
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

What you think of the Cover of KILLER FOX-Orgasm Of Death :lol:
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Hey, come on! Crystal Knight is not a bad one! The album sucks IMO, but the front cover isn't that awful!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

ION BRITTON wrote:Hey, come on! Crystal Knight is not a bad one! The album sucks IMO, but the front cover isn't that awful!
What!!!Crystal Knight's album is so grea.It is definitely one of the best moments in the Scandinavian Metal.I can't really understand why don't you like Crystal Knight.The production,the songs,the leads,solos,and the very good voice of the EVIL's singer Per Henriksen.(Yes i think EVIL and CRYSTAL KNIGHT had the same singer althought Metal Archives doesn't state that)

The SINNER's cover that omen of hate posted it isn't so funny or cult in comparison to also SINNER'S Danger Zone LP.AVALON LP contains good music but the cover reminds me of hardcore bands with the red cover.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

You mean this one ???

You're probably right !!

This one is pretty funny too :

I prefer Crystal Knight's music to their artwork !!
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Worst but not cult are the covers of RANDY-Shadows Are Falling Single and Unicorn-Legend Returns but Fortunately the music is excellent as for RANDY is the BEST band that has released only a single and Unicorn are one of the highlights in German Metal.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The CRYSTAL KNIGHT cover is awesome - just the way I like my Metal Art. As for the music I think it contains a handful of excellent songs, but too many fillers and weak/too soft ones. I could still use a copy of it just to complete my Danish Rarities slot. And yes, RANDY and UNICORN are awesome - great wants of mine! Hilfe!